Old 01-06-2016, 02:13 PM

ckmullin is on a distinguished road

I'll give you a shout.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:37 PM

hackerberry is on a distinguished road

Looking good.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:57 AM

Fin2you is on a distinguished road

today has not been the Wednesday I had hoped for. That said I have had a number of people step up to offer me coral frags to help kick start my reef building, as well as had a number of private chats throughout the day of people offering help & tips! I juggled those around a sick child & one needing emergency dental surgery. Just getting to come downstairs this evening to feed the baby clown, even the goby came out to let me know he was still alive. which was so rewarding. then I got to curl up under a blanket & just listen to the P.S. (I kid you not I love it's "running noise" it is 1 of the most soothing relaxing sounds I have ever heard & I have tons of relaxation/meditation music!)
maybe tomorrow will be my fishy adventure day. I was recommended a couple different small SW LFS's to visit in the big city..... I need a day away from the house
Old 01-08-2016, 02:16 AM

I braved the hwy to go into the big city today. Unfortunately the 2 stores I stopped at were sold out of Refractometers. But I added to my CUC another snail & a lawnmower blenny.
I also found myself bringing home an Azure Damsel. There was 2 tanks of them. 1 tank the whole group was chasing each other around but then the 2nd tank there were only 3 of these in with a Clownfish & another fish. Of the 3 damsels; there was 1 hiding under the rock, another hiding in the back corner but when I stepped towards the glass it went straight behind the rock. The 3rd was hanging out mid tank, when I approached he backed up but slowly came forward. Definately a good fit I think to my tank. Right now I'm watching him darting around checking out all the different hide aways.

Last edited by Fin2you; 01-17-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:52 PM

So yesterday morning I woke to a rock somehow shifted (think goby burrowed under a rock not set 100% against the bottom of the tank) causing it. After I fixed it I noticed the Damsel acting weird like it wasn't happy I closed up this 1 spot in the rock but I figured he would get over it. Since I walked away from the tank yesterday morning I haven't seen the Damsel since. I even got my daughter to stick her head around the corner to look behind the 1 rock & she said he's not there. Evening Feeding & again this morning goby, the hermit crab & the 2 visible snails didn't even blink at the portion of frozen Reef Complete I thawed out, yet the clown baby's inhaled like usual. I am really thinking he's a gonner & I have a fantastic CUC
Old 01-16-2016, 11:08 PM

Still 0 sign of the damsel; even after I spent some time putting new coral frags into the tank. pretty well safe to say he's a mysterious disappearance & I have a fantastic CUC.
I wonder if he didn't challenge a certain "Rocky" & lost.
I also checked out "Reef Wonderland". I talked them into selling me a frag of Purple Brain from $40 to $25 b/c the girls were begging for it. Probably could have found one thru here but it really was a unique nice shade of purplish pink I hadn't seen b4.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

If it's anything like my tank if a fish dies it is gone within a matter of hours between the snails, crabs, shrimp, bristle worms and some of the other fish nibbling at the carcass it is gone within hrs.

If one carpet surfs I have 2 cats that will take care of the fish for me.

When I lose a fish I view it as an opportunity to try a different fish and for the most part it has worked for me