Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures > POTM Entries & Votings

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
No it's true, the picture that is the most popular will get the most votes, it can't work any other way. It doesn't always come down to image quality, people will vote for whatever image they like best thus the most popular one wins....
Oops, my bad! When I first read the statement I interpreted it as the popularity of the photo taker as opposed to the popularity of the actual photo. But as Steve pointed out my interpretation is probably completely wrong, in which case, I totally agree with the statement. Carry on :-)
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Oops, my bad! When I first read the statement I interpreted it as the popularity of the photo taker as opposed to the popularity of the actual photo. But as Steve pointed out my interpretation is probably completely wrong, in which case, I totally agree with the statement. Carry on :-)
Mm nope you were right the first time. I see plenty of amazing photos get passed by for a photo taken by a popular member. It's a shame, some stunning stuff gets posted in these by lots of different people.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:14 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Well I tried to turn the statement around into something logical. Sorry but you're wrong, myself winning once should be testament to that
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Sorry but you're wrong, myself winning once should be testament to that
If that's the case I should have won, but then again you're only half as abrasive as I am. lol. I did get three votes this time.... Thanks to those three.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 PM

Vvvvvvvv
Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
If that's the case I should have won, but then again you're only half as abrasive as I am. lol. I did get three votes this time.... Thanks to those three.
Hold on never mind my pic kind of sucked.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
Mm nope you were right the first time. I see plenty of amazing photos get passed by for a photo taken by a popular member. It's a shame, some stunning stuff gets posted in these by lots of different people.
Does that mean I am popular again like I was in high school ? So cool and I thought my picture was just good. lol
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 PM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
hav to agree here its just how it is tho
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott tang View Post
hav to agree here its just how it is tho
How do you guys define "popular" around here? Post count? Reputation count ? I need to know because I want to be popular too!

While I totally agree that there are people who will vote for their friend or simply for the person they like more, not everyone does. Like you said though, in part, it's sort of the nature of the beast. Really no different than more important voting systems like say, an election. In any given election there will be people who will vote for their friend or just simply a candidate they like more rather than the candidate they might actual feel is more qualified based on the quality of their platform.

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one should feel that their submission is wasted simply because they feel that someone more "popular" than them is going to get more votes. History has proven that this is simply not true. Sphelps is very UNPOPULAR and he has won several POTMS. lastlight is very popular (based on his post and reputation count) and he consistently loses POTM.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 AM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

if people know and like you then you popular i dont want to start any arguements as thats never the intention but there was just a pic of a tank a few potm ago just the tank you couldnt see any corls or fish but it was the member that posted it that got an incredable amout of votes for a pic you couldnt see any thing in
Closed Thread