Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-04-2013, 02:34 AM

strauss is on a distinguished road
Default update

Thanks for the kind replies. Yeah, the crown is currently clamped and it looks like it will hide the water line nicely.
The wp-25 is great although I feel it does need to be partnered with others to get the required flow for sps at least.
I have the wp-25, 2 mp10's and the returns so I feel thats probably enough flow, I hope.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Vendor

FragCave is on a distinguished road

Your aquascape rocks well done, I can only image whats going to look like once it matures.
Im just wondering don't you find challenging having 28" high tank when it comes to clean or maintenance? or do you have really long arms
http://www.fragcave.com

Old 12-11-2013, 03:22 AM

Default updates

Fragcave:
Ha, nope regular arms so step ladder is a necessity. On the up side I have been prone to tinkering in the tank too much so this limits me to once a week or so meaning the reef more or less takes care of it's self.

Some updates. Trim on crown done and no more water line. Auto-topoff done and working perfectly. Skimmer is pulling horrid brown stuff so working well. Picked up 2 black tank raised clown and a bunch of frags from the ever so generous Asylumdown. It's been a few days and they are starting to come around. No issues yet just coming out of diatom bloom so pretty ugly thus far.

And my favorite time of day of the lighting schedule when just the spotlight is coming from the back right-hand corner. Looks like sun just starting to hit the reef or just ending. Should look awesome when full blown reef.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM

Default updates

Here are a few photos of how it's coming. Please excuse the intense blue. I am experimenting with a new lighting schedule plus I have no idea how to use the wife's Christmas present (Nikon3200), hopefully ill learn.

The blank piece of paper is of clown fish in an anemone with clown fish in it because I decided to try it. My clownfish cannot seem to figure out to get in it.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:34 AM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

The tank's looking outstanding! I think I'm gonna have you aquascape my next tank, I love it.

It's weird seeing pictures of frags from my tank in someone else's lol. Is everything still doing OK?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

looking good buddy

catch your clowns in a net and cuff them in your hand release them in the anemone slowly so they have to swim into it to get out , do this a few times if need be but theyll get the hint
Old 01-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

your entire setup looks amazing,...I could not have done a better job on that aquascape using Pukani and Tonga shelf
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM

I appreciate the kind words.
Denny: I put the clown in a colinder with the anemone so here's hoping.
Adam: the frags are all encrusting over and the tort is growing quite fast. I think I'm still missing a few corals from your tank so sooner or later I may need a few more frags if that's ok.
Eli: the rock is awesome. No complaints whatsoever

Needing some kind of cuc and looking to really fill it out in frags/smaller colonies. Setting up dosing. Just set up kalkwasser in ATO. New lighting is really bringing out colours and regulating crappy algae. Fish are far, coral growing so no complaints.