Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

It's been just over 2 months since the skimmer started skimming and I couldn't be happier with it I'm running on the heavy side of a medium bio load and the skimmer is pulling tons of solids out of the system I am emptying the cup every 3 or 4 days and has heavy buildup of material in the cup. I would recommend this skimmer to anyone it's a joy to work with
Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM

oupulino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
It's been just over 2 months since the skimmer started skimming and I couldn't be happier with it I'm running on the heavy side of a medium bio load and the skimmer is pulling tons of solids out of the system I am emptying the cup every 3 or 4 days and has heavy buildup of material in the cup. I would recommend this skimmer to anyone it's a joy to work with
can you post some pictures of skimmate in collection cup.How thick is acrylic cone and quality build is thicker than Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 AM
No Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by oupulino View Post
can you post some pictures of skimmate in collection cup.How thick is acrylic cone and quality build is thicker than Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer

Sorry didn't reply sooner was too damn tired last night. I don't know the comparison with the Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer but the acrylic is thick for both the cone and skimmer collection cup several MM thick and has proven to be durable as well the cup is 4.5 inches deep and 5.5 inches wide and already has been dropped a couple of times. I see no real issues as of yet with the skimmer it is doing the job as advertised and it is dead quiet.

Included 2 pictures of the collection cup

This is with 3 days of skimming on the high end of a medium load

Inside the cup just before cleaning

Hope this answers some of your questions
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 AM

oupulino is on a distinguished road

looks good I think to get this one how to find out who make the pomps for them ?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:01 AM
No Cookies

It's been 6 months now since I started using the cadlights full time and I have nothing but praise for it the skimmer still runs silently have not had any issues with micro bubbles or the motor and the skimmer cup works awesomely. I just cleaned the skimmer in a vinegar bath and it cleaned up surprisingly well I am very impressed with the ease that it pulls apart for cleaning and very simple to put back together with no fighting to fit parts.

I have not had to deal with customer service so on that end I can offer no comment but then again I have had no issues with the skimmer either but for the price it packs a pretty good wallop and even though it's the new kid on the block I would have no problems recommending this to others.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:51 AM

gmann is on a distinguished road

what water level do you have your skimmer in? I have min in 10" and it is overflowing like crazy...