Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM

devin99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I did have to make subs as I didnt have all the frags that I shipped the first time around. I tried to make subs based on money sent, I provided some rare ReefRaft frags that I am sure everyone will be very happy with. Most sell for $40-$60 locally.

I apologize that UPS had issues with the first shipment but I hope that everyone is happy with what was replaced.

-Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by c me fish View Post
Hello all,
I apologize to those that came by this afternoon that I was unable to meet in person.

As I have been asked to post, here are the shipment details: there were 11 frags that came in at 9:30 this morning. 2 were DOA and 1 which I'm pretty sure didn't make it either. The frags were labelled with each member's handle as listed below, but did not have the names of the corals themselves. The heat pack was still warm when it arrived.

REF:
1 for SamW
3 for J chu (1 DOA, 1 looked rough)
2 for chef
5 for me (1 DOA)

The shipping charges were initially calculated based on an even division per frag. The total shipping amount I paid for the first order was $50. Since I wasn't sure what the arrangement was between each individual member and Devin for the replacements it was a bit harder to determine the shipping charges for each member the second time around so it was kind of arbitrary. I did cover half of it myself though. If anyone feels this has been unfair I am happy to work something out with them.

For those who were short-shipped, it is something to be taken up with Devin and perhaps we can do that here but don't know if that's proper protocol, or if we should do that via PM... how is this normally done?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Ok, thanks for the effort. I think however, if you were planning to provide substitutes, we would have to come to an agreement first as i might have picked something else than the one I received. I generally won't buy acro frags for more than $20. This is why I chose to opt out of the Reefraft Group Buy on Canreef.

At no point did I expect a Tenuis frag to be substituted for the 2 frags that I ordered nor was I told that my frags will be substituted. Imagine my disappointment when I picked up my order and got none of what I ordered. So your proposed solution is for me to resell my frag on Canreef to recover my costs? I will try but that is not how I wanted to handle this.

Last edited by Samw; 01-11-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM

I understand that the original problem with UPS isn't your fault. However, you did get a refund for the shipping cost from UPS so if you had given people refunds for things you don't have instead of forcing upon them what they dont want, you would have been no worse off than the loss of some frags which grew from your colonies.

Last edited by Samw; 01-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw View Post
I understand that the original problem with UPS isn't your fault. However, you did get a refund for the shipping cost from UPS so if you had given people refunds for things you don't have instead of forcing upon them what they didnt want, you would have been no worse off than the loss of some frags which grew from your colonies.
Do you really think that is all I lost was clippings from my colonies. Lets look at this for a moment.

Shipping $76 first time refunded
Styrofoam box, shipping bags, cardboard box - $25 Not refunded
Heat pack - $7.50 not refunded
20min drive to UPS depot both ways - $xx not refunded
hours on the phone with UPS to figure out what has happened and get the shipping refund
$100's worth of coral that could have been sold locally lost

So yes shipping was refunded, everything else a total loss, I was out of pocket reshipping a new shipment to everyone and you complain because I attempted to make things right?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM

Could you not have told me ahead of time before you decided what was best for me and let me pick replacements instead? So I should be happy with what I got? Seriously? You still have the parent colonies of what I ordered and you could have just made clippings from them and sent those to me. I'm not complaining at your attempt to make things right. Its not like I asked for a total refund.

I'd like to hear from others in this group order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin99 View Post
Do you really think that is all I lost was clippings from my colonies. Lets look at this for a moment.

Shipping $76 first time refunded
Styrofoam box, shipping bags, cardboard box - $25 Not refunded
Heat pack - $7.50 not refunded
20min drive to UPS depot both ways - $xx not refunded
hours on the phone with UPS to figure out what has happened and get the shipping refund
$100's worth of coral that could have been sold locally lost

So yes shipping was refunded, everything else a total loss, I was out of pocket reshipping a new shipment to everyone and you complain because I attempted to make things right?

Last edited by Samw; 01-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM

I am not a frag chop shop so I only cut coral when it makes sense to cut them and yes you could have waited until they were ready to be cut again but you may have waited a few months or more depending on the growth cycle.

-Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw View Post
Could you not have told me ahead of time before you decided what was best for me and let me pick replacements instead? So I should be happy with what I got? Seriously? You still have the parent colonies of what I ordered and you could have just made clippings from them and sent those to me. I'm not complaining at your attempt to make things right. Its not like I asked for a total refund.

I'd like to hear from others in this group order.