Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I agree with daniella, stick to the bottle dose and do not stop it until everyone looks cleared up. If you go every other day, you may cause an immunity in the 'bugs'.
Do all of your normal maintenance, and if you're not, once a week water changes.
Something to consider too, is that you should turn your skimmer off during treatment. If they are all in a QT, I'd recommend using a HOB filter with no carbon. Read the last line below.

This is straight from the Seachem site;

Q: Is ParaGuard™ safe for use in marine reef tanks with invertebrates and soft corals?
A: We do not sell or market ParaGuard as invert safe because it would be impossible to test it with every available invert under every potential water parameter. We have had people use it with invertabrates with no problems, but we have also had people encounter problems. If you decide to use it we stress caution; dose at 1/4 to 1/2 dose and observe how your inverts and soft corals react. If they seem to tolerate the dosing, increase slowly up to no more than the prescribed dose as long as they are tolerating it. If you need to get rid of the ParaGuard™ quickly, just turn your skimmer back on.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

And don't forget to aerate the QT well as formalin decreases Oxygen levels, as will heavy respirating
Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Shwabber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I agree with daniella, stick to the bottle dose and do not stop it until everyone looks cleared up. If you go every other day, you may cause an immunity in the 'bugs'.
Do all of your normal maintenance, and if you're not, once a week water changes.
Something to consider too, is that you should turn your skimmer off during treatment. If they are all in a QT, I'd recommend using a HOB filter with no carbon. Read the last line below.

This is straight from the Seachem site;

Q: Is ParaGuard™ safe for use in marine reef tanks with invertebrates and soft corals?
A: We do not sell or market ParaGuard as invert safe because it would be impossible to test it with every available invert under every potential water parameter. We have had people use it with invertabrates with no problems, but we have also had people encounter problems. If you decide to use it we stress caution; dose at 1/4 to 1/2 dose and observe how your inverts and soft corals react. If they seem to tolerate the dosing, increase slowly up to no more than the prescribed dose as long as they are tolerating it. If you need to get rid of the ParaGuard™ quickly, just turn your skimmer back on.

Excellent thanks to both of you!!

I have them in QT... HOB basic sponge filter ...no carbon.... treating once per day at recommended dosage... have a 14 inch bubble curtain set up...lots of aeration... using Seachem Prime as well to help curb amonia ......planning on 25% water changes daily..before the next meds are introduced. Just did a water change of near 50% as my amonia had come up to 0.25 ppm already after 2 days. Two of the three of them are eating fine.... my Hippo however is not happy and has not eaten last nighht or today yet....she is hiding on her side under a piece of PVC (which is all I have in there...2 PVc T's and a big Y).

Keep you posted!

75 Gallon Mixed Reef
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81182