Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-21-2010, 06:57 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

Alrighty... mild update here. So, I think any and all damage from moving is done, sadly, most sps is done, have a few peices.. but what I have noticed, is things are growing well again. Also my sun coral which has never had great sucess in my tank is now flourishing, and another new addition is also flourishing, and I thought I would post photos of them.

Really moving and fighting with sps and the stuggle taught me this, right now, with my setup and budget, a beautiful sps tank, isnt in budget, I need a cleaner running setup and then we can talk sps.. for now ill stick to my softies and lps that are doing well.

So, I know I have a carnation coral, and I know that people say omg it destroys your water quality, death to sps, and all that other jazz, ive pretty much said salute to sps till I can have a sps system. I mean I even have a large hairy crab that has taken up nest in my pink birds nest.. which I need to say goodbye too... but side track.. I love that coral, its done fantastic in my tank and looks better each day, and my water is still clean and happy and changed regularly. My Zoas love it, my once nearly dead chalice is coming back, my ricos, yuma and mushrooms are loving it! So ill keep doing what works. Trial and error and this time success!

Last edited by silentcivilian; 06-26-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: photos toooo big
Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 AM

Default Silentcivilians 120G

Sooo all my links have been going nuts, will have to try to track down copies of my photos

Last edited by silentcivilian; 06-26-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Updated picture
Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 AM

Default Jan 24/11 update

Some extra new photos here.. ill try to update a few months from now when the leather corner is more developed.. plans are a clam and a mandrin soon... but thats about it other than letting this tank grow for along while..

Last edited by silentcivilian; 06-26-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Holy did you ever turn the tank around! Things look really healthy and that zoa garden is getting huge.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

tank is looking awesome kody
Old 01-25-2011, 05:54 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

looks like someone has a leather fetish
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-25-2011, 12:22 PM

Tetrarch is on a distinguished road

That zoa island is starting to look really good.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Holy did you ever turn the tank around! Things look really healthy and that zoa garden is getting huge.
--- Thank you very much, Im very happy with the progress in the last couple months

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
tank is looking awesome kody
-- Thanks for the help too man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
looks like someone has a leather fetish
-- It seems to have grown on me, and I know you want it!
But on a serious note, ya, I like the movement, and wow does it grow stinkin fast.. Dont quote me, but bloy picked up a frag of green polyp toadstool from Levi I believe, it wasnt all that big and wasnt even a complete circle, more like a blob on some old acro skelaton.. with in 3 weeks, its not only finished its top toadstool, has a thick stalk and is about a 1/2" off the skelaton.

But yes, im very happy with the tank and thanks for the compliments
Old 01-31-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
That zoa island is starting to look really good.
Oh ya, im very happy with it, honestly, im just counting down the months till I cant see rock anymore.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 AM

Sooo.. the last couple weeks have just been a watch and let grow thing.. and then it happened.. I went out with Lorenz0 to do a drop in of a few stores and see whats kickin around town... and there is new stuff in my tank.. HOW DOES IT HAPPEN??

haha.. ok, so pics:

I love my Ricos, and I dont see alot of Blue//Purple Ricos around.. so I had too..

Some of you may be familiar with this little man.. often called the superman Rhodactis... so nice.. have 3 heads in different places around the tank.. hoping to find a bowl shaped peice of live rock to put them in so they kinda stay together

Cup coral.. ive been looking for a peice of this for a long time.. and with my flower pot starting to suffer.. Took a gamble to see if my tank could sustain it as ive had great sucess with my carnations but not so much with flowerpot, I have a killer place to put it and hopefully have it spread like crazy!

Lastly, a new clam from red coral from the $40 section.. as I had a really bad clam experiance in which my tank is now recovered from and wanted smaller and hopefully a happier clam.. its lived past 24hours so fingers crossed it stay happy and mantle out as it is now.

Future plans:

Have a sump under stand now, have the eshopps hob overflow, and a Rio return pump for about 700gph at 4ft height.. want to setup a electrical cabinet to hide electrical since sump, water change tank and ATO will take up that space under stand.

Parts still needed: Plumping parts (going to run flex intake, hardline exhaust), new skimmer(currently HOB), cabinet for electrical (Ikea should have somthing), ATO unit with pump... thats all I believe..

Stuff ill have to part with, both Aquaclear 110's, PSK100H Skimmer by eshopps which sadly I love and its been soo good on the tank.

But the plan is in motion.. ill have pics when up and done