Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 01-30-2011, 05:53 PM

mws is on a distinguished road

3 Occerelis
2 Pink Skunk
Tomato Clown
I have to ask, how do you manage to keep 3 different type of clowns in one tank? Any hints, as I have a pair of skunks and 2 big nems, what they are not using.
Like eventually have a pair of tomatoes or clarkies but afraid to start the war.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:16 PM

SmallFry is on a distinguished road

Nice looking tank.. Just keep an eye on that Tomato when you have your had in the there - I have one, and he's a biter...
Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 PM

ensquire is on a distinguished road
Default UMMMMM Luck maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws View Post
3 Occerelis
2 Pink Skunk
Tomato Clown
I have to ask, how do you manage to keep 3 different type of clowns in one tank? Any hints, as I have a pair of skunks and 2 big nems, what they are not using.
Like eventually have a pair of tomatoes or clarkies but afraid to start the war.
I originally bought 4 occerelis clowns and they did pick on the runt for the first week or so. I got a Red LTA and noone went near it so I got a sabae Anenome and they ignored that one as well. Tried the 2 pink skunks and they ignored the nems also So i brought in 2 Clarkii who loved both Nems but were absolute bullies after a couple of weeks, so I had to take everything out of the tank to catch them.
Next was to try a condi and the Occerilis ignored that but started liking the Sabae and things were peaceful. For A Bit..... Then they took out the runt Occerelis. The Sabae went looking for a new home and ended up in filter intake, so I ordered a new Sabae Nem with a Clarkii again but I made sure it was a runt. Peaceful times again. But noone would go near Red Lta
so I got a Tomato. Went directly to LTA and has never left. Clarki liked condis and Occ's had 2 Condi's to play in.
All was peaceful until I had to take in 4 new fish from a friends crashed tanks, so for some reason the Occ's killed the Clarkii. To many fish, to small of a tank. this will change when new tanks come on line.
The Pink have always stayed to one area , the Occ's to the left side and the Tomato stays in host.
I would probably not do it the same way again, but I like clowns and Nems.
Next tank will only have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroons and a Carpet Nem or a few minis.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM

New stock and pics
Between losing some fish to a powerbar failure and getting rid or a few aggressive Damsels the tank looks quite empty these days.
Trip to Edmonton yielded a few of Dez's frags and some nice fish and LPS from Shannon, Taylor at BWA.

Pugley My Bicolor Blennie

Regal Tang from BWA, and a couple of Dez frags. Waiting for a new light as mine is not up to the job and frags aren't looking very healthy ATM.

Feather duster from BWA, it vacated it's home and attached itself to my powerhead base.

FTS

Scoop doing what he does best, spreading sand everywhere.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 PM

jackcool is on a distinguished road

Its looks awesome great work buddy. I like your snaps of tank so much. Here you showing nicely maintained tanks. And the corals are so colorful. Some of fishes looks fabulous.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Everyone at home is very happy with the tank.
Happy wife , Happy life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcool View Post
Its looks awesome great work buddy. I like your snaps of tank so much. Here you showing nicely maintained tanks. And the corals are so colorful. Some of fishes looks fabulous.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Default New Shipment

Don't you just love it when the mailman shows up with new toys ?????

New 24" Odyssea 250W MH with 2 T5HO Actinic and 2 Moonlights. External ballasts and fan. 4 plugs so easy to set up on timer or controller.

Well Packed, but did have to take apart because one of the bolts holding MH bulbs had fallen out. No biggie.

I'm sure that individual reflectors would make it a better fixture , maybe a mod in the future.

Ballasts easily installed in cabinet.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM

My initial impression of this fixture is, Why didn't I get MH lighting long ago.
I'm going from a 2 bulb Hagen to this so there really should be a huge difference, but I am thrilled with this light. I realize that it is not really high end equipment, but for this system at home it is a huge addition. I only have a few SPS and I think that they were already dead from lack of proper lighting. I am going to leave them in the tank for a few days to see if they come back, I am hopeful.
The mushrooms, toadstool and Nems love the new lights as do the torch and frogspawn.

The current light cycle is
Actinics on at 9:00 AM off at 9:00 PM
MH on at 1:00 PM off at 6:00 PM
Moonlights on 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM

Is this enough MH for my lightly coraled tank (mostly softies) ??
If I add more LPS or SPS should I increase this ??
At present the bulbs are factory bulbs, so I am looking at upgrading the T5s for sure, I have 1 Icecap Actinic and am wondering if I should order one more or a deepwater 14k so that the sunrise sunset cycle has more natural light than straght actinic lighting. What do most others do ???
I am happy with the stock MH bulb, it is very white, so I may pick up a Phoenix for a little more blue to see the difference. Any recommendations ??
I will post some tank pics in a bit.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:23 PM

mohammadali is on a distinguished road

does ur Flame Scallop spark like electric sparks É
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
does ur Flame Scallop spark like electric sparks É
Haven't seen any sparks yet.