Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 04:31 AM

DJ_drew is on a distinguished road
Default Drews 400!

Well as some of you may know i recently purchased Jason Mck's 400 gallon former tank of the month!

its 6'6 Lx 36Wx 30H all glass, the only problem with the tank is the eurobracing is cracked, but i was assured by Jason and the tank manufacturer that the width of the glass is overkill for even a tank this size

The tank came drilled for a closed loop which is great because it saves me money on powerheads, it also came with an OM 4way for the closed loop

So we got the tank home on the only day its been sunny here in about 3weeks so we got lucky! but we got it back to my house and getting in the back yard one of the guys sliced his hand open on the euro-bracing so we had to stop and leave it there, so it has been sitting in the back yard now for a week.

so here it sits!
Trying to find people to come over and help me move it is ridiculously hard once people know how big the tank actually is and the fact it weighs about 1400 pounds dry
lol
What makes it even more difficult is the bulkheads on either end i dont wanna take off as it would cost me more then just moving it as is so im thinking of standing it up on end on blocks and then putting an industrial 2 wheel dolly under it and moving it that way, dun dun dun and now the hard part
down 2 small sets of stairs and around a corner in between the 2!

heres a couple more pics of the tank

now the reasoning behind the upgrade!
i had a 300 in the past and had to tear it down due to financial difficulty and down graded to a 125
well now that things are looking better i found a smokin deal on this tank so i couldnt pass it up
the 125 is now in my spare room with all the fish in hyposalinity to get rid of the small amount of ich in the tank (only affects the powder tangs)

this is the 125 thats being used as a temporary home for the fish, and believe me they are not to happy about it but they are troopers. I've had most of them including the naso and sohal since they were smaller then 2 inches

More to follow!

Drew