Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

only thing that could cause that was the side of the rock with all the paly's was resting on the box. were there any rolling around in the bag when you got them? looks like they need some time for plump back up.

I still think you got a killer deal. wicked frags used to sell 5 paly's for $75 and in the usa they sell for about $25 per paly.

give it a month or two, under good lighting that rock will be covered in them
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 AM

Seamazter is on a distinguished road

After the fact and that pictures do say volumes.
I would be disappointed as well being either the buyer or seller.

The seller has no colony and the buyer wants a little under half his money back.
The buyer tho didn't get the count he was expecting, whether this was due to shipping or some other unforeseen problem from sender to buyer.

I still as the seller wouldn't refund you 100$ but as the buyer you should see all this is nothing that could be controlled, why should he suffer when you have the colony.
Id consider selling a couple frags to get your 100$ you want back.
only to remove 10 polyps could net you your full buying price.
Im sure you would have a line of pms if you decide to do just that.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 AM

SpateD is on a distinguished road

I bought a small paly colony once when I was in Calgary, and drove home, and when I put it in the tank after just the 2-3 hour drive the polyps looked the same as in the picture of the guy who received the item.

The reason it looks thinned out (if it's the same item) is because the "stems" of the paly's are all shriveled up. They take time to fully come back and it also depends on water flow. If they don't like the new flow, they may not come out as far and are going to stick to the rock like they are, which could just be from shipping also.

It wasn't a picnic in the sun being put in a bag all day. I've had mushrooms that took a week to 2 weeks before they started to open up and look what they did when I bought them. They have to adjust and accept the new system.

I think this guy needs to be happy on the bangin' deal he got and just remember... it's a hobby. Corals and fish die. If your that upset over it, you should look into something that has a longer and much more stable/reliable hobby or pet. Try a dog or cat.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 AM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
only thing that could cause that was the side of the rock with all the paly's was resting on the box. were there any rolling around in the bag when you got them? looks like they need some time for plump back up.

I still think you got a killer deal. wicked frags used to sell 5 paly's for $75 and in the usa they sell for about $25 per paly.

give it a month or two, under good lighting that rock will be covered in them
I agree with Tang Daddy in the fact you pay for a hundred you expect a hundred. The original post said there was a 100 + polyps. No matter if it was a good deal or not. Also they sell for alot less now. 6 polyps in the states right now are $29.99 us. Fragalot was selling them for $10 a polyp

http://www.uniquecorals.com/nuclear-...frag-wysiwyg-2

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/246768/product.web

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frg230.html

http://www.fragalot.ca/newzoa.html
from his ten dollar page
http://www.fragalot.ca/newsh/frags/nwshipnew1.html

Not to mention if you source them out locally from a reefer you can get them for cheaper.

Chris

Last edited by Chowder; 06-25-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 AM
bvlester

I counted the Poles in the three pics posted here came up with 70ish, 70+ and 60+ so a picture does say much they are thinned and I would give it a few days as the really small polups may look allot different than they do now and the very small ones may look like the small ones there can be some that closed all together and look like part of the mat. As for counting I only counted ones I could see clear enough and yes that meant even the back a skirt. I have only seen this in one thank where there was loss like this and it was due to heat loss and the water quality, so I ask how cool was the water and did you test the water? http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470641@N03/4689889238/ in this picture I only count between 70 and 80 ish polups clearly but you can not see the entire rock in any of the pics. Unfortunately it is buyer be ware as we were shown a picture with the add for sale so I would have counted the polups I could see and ask questions.

Bill

Last edited by bvlester; 06-25-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Yah everyone seems to say buyer beware....

How about seller beware!

I wasn't complaining about the size of the polyp but the lack of.

And another thing giving it time for polyps to fatten up isn't going to make 40 polyps appear out of the rock.
Some of you think it's a deal to get ripped off, I bet if it happened to you you'd be upset.

to prove a point/ simple math....
100 polyps at $250=$2.50
65 polyps at $250=$3.85
and finally 65x$2.50=$162.50

So refund me $80 and stop making excuses about how I can sell it and make all my money back and then have enough to retire!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips

Last edited by tang daddy; 06-25-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Sebae again is on a distinguished road

Unless there are some polyps we cant see ,I count 65. Maybe 100 plus is a figure of speech. A deal was made. I have seen Tang Daddy's sps tank before and I am sure he knows about coral and has been in this hobby long enough.So based on what I see I have to take TD's side.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

Around 100 polyps means to me at least 95+. The pictures on flicker don't appear to have anything close to that. Tang Daddy's pictures show the polyps a little contracted due to shipping but nothing melting or falling off.

If I got 35% less on anything I paid for in good faith, I would expect a refund.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

I say wait for a week and see if all polyps fill up again. But i would be mad too if i am expecting 100 poly and only get 65.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Steve-O- is on a distinguished road

Really!!! I come home after being out of town doing my dads estate to find a Letter in my mailbox!!

looks like u got back your $250.00 AND YOU STILL HAVE MY CORAL!? I offered you some money back in my PM and never heard back from you on that. So you close my ****in paypal account take the money and keep the coral!! So its all my ****in loss now ?? looks like im buying a plane ticket!!!!!!
Closed Thread