Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Love your aquascaping
Old 05-03-2010, 02:58 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Awesome acronym. Its nice to have a tank with "wonderful live rock'n'stuff" with a trigger and such. Looks amazing, very jelous.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

That rock overhang is so badass. Gravity wants to make you it's b...boyfriend.

Room looks awesome man. I'd eat at the table more often if it was flanked by all that sweetness.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
That rock overhang is so badass. Gravity wants to make you it's b...boyfriend.

Room looks awesome man. I'd eat at the table more often if it was flanked by all that sweetness.
Thanks Brett. I am definitely playing with fire (and gravity).. I fully expect that overhang to one day just fall off and crash to the bottom of my tank

If you don't mind eating under the glow of blue lights, sure :-) I discovered the other day that having the two tanks on the main floor has completely overloaded that main floor circuit. It isn't apparent until you turn on the dining room light.. (breaker trips!) We had to refrain from using that light for the past couple of weeks and I had to spread the load between the dining room circuit and a circuit in the kitchen just in case someone did accidentally turn that light on. A couple of ugly orange extension cords strewn about. Well, had enough of that so finally got around to getting a couple of new circuits installed right next to the tanks. Yes, TWO new circuits, each rated for 20 amps.

So I guess we're good to go for fine dining underneath ugly incandescent lights once again :-)

My starfish was having one of those days were he was feeling very insecure in his own skin I guess..

Personally I think the mushrooms make him look fat, but whatever.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

That's a vibrant mother of a photo man. How long have you had the star? I thought I had read stars generally don't live too long in our tanks?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 AM

dynamite is on a distinguished road

Kien, I cant stop telling you how much I love your aquascape If you ever... decide to sell your tank.. I'm on top of the list
Old 05-06-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
How long have you had the star? I thought I had read stars generally don't live too long in our tanks?
Funny you should mention that Brett.. Last year I had a smaller blue linckia that lasted about 3 months. After that he decided to break apart all of his limbs. I was sure he was a goner. I know that starfish will do this to reproduce sometimes but never actually seen or heard of any first hand accounts of this. Anyway, after a while I started to notice his limbs crawling about, some in the sand some crammed into crevasses. I didn't think much of it as I figured they would just die off and get eaten by crabs and shrimp. Well, a few weeks ago I noticed a couple of the free roaming limbs started to develop nubbins! I wasn't able to capture a photograph until now.

Here's what a couple of the limbs look like now.

Baby Blue Linckia!!

As for the large Blue Linckia in the mushroom photo I've had him for about a year now. I also have a purple (4 months) and orange one for about 8 months now.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
Love your aquascaping
Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
Awesome acronym. Its nice to have a tank with "wonderful live rock'n'stuff" with a trigger and such. Looks amazing, very jelous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite View Post
Kien, I cant stop telling you how much I love your aquascape If you ever... decide to sell your tank.. I'm on top of the list
thanks guys :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 03:46 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Ok that is just awesome! Keeping one alive is a great feat, but that is even better. Great pic - also love the one with the mushrooms

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Holy crap man!...beautiful home...kick-arse systems, with killer scaping in both...TOTM....POTM...starfish reproducing...you da main mang bye reef addicted brutha!
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694