Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: What brought you into Reefing?
Friends 43 21.08%
Family 20 9.80%
Online 26 12.75%
Petstore 56 27.45%
Other(Specify) 59 28.92%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Don't scare the poor girl away Mike ^^ LOL!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Crytone is on a distinguished road

Used to have FW tanks when I was younger but always liked SW more (more interesting IMO) but was always told they were expensive, BIG, too much work, etc.. So I quit doing FW after my fishes died and got rid of my equip. Well, I recently heard about nano-reefs. It sounded perfect for me! So I researched and am now in the process of building my setup. The price is a bit high (compared to FW) but it'll be worth it. I'm starting small (10G nano) but enjoying every minute of it. I'm actually scared I enjoy the preparing and setup more than the finished product!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:57 PM

ScubaGirl is on a distinguished road

Pics are already up. Takes more than that to scare me, LOL.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaGirl View Post
Pics are already up. Takes more than that to scare me, LOL.
Never thought to run Christmas lights around my tank to be festive but then again If I plug anything else In I might burn my house down.... There's lots of scary people here, I'm sure you will fit right in welcome to the forum .
Levi
Old 12-29-2009, 10:46 PM

ScubaGirl is on a distinguished road

Lights and tinsel came with the tank, LOL. I coordinated it to be set up the day before we moved into our new house. The previous owners came in and set it up for us. That is what it looked like when we walked in with the first load of stuff. Totally surprised my hubby, it was fun. He reacted well considering all the work I just dumped on him. The Christmas gift that costs him money.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

When I moved into my own place in 2000, I wanted to set up a fish tank in my wall. I liked the colors of marine fish and have kept them many years before and decided to set up a marine tank. I found an online marine fish store (J&L Aquatics) and browsed their website. Interestingly, I found that they sold corals too. That was my first exposure to living corals. Just looking at the website inspired me to set up a reef instead of a fish only tank. I bought my liverocks, and cleanup crew from J&L and my first coral from CanadaWest (fellow Canreef member). It was a pulsing Xenia.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 PM

vic622 is on a distinguished road

After having freshwater for years, breeding numerous varieties and then doing hightech planted tanks with CO2 & dosing, I thought I'd try something easy for a change

Seriously, seeing all the variety of awesome fish, corals & inverts, I knew that I'd eventually take the plunge. Finally broke down my biggest fw tank, and started getting all the gear together. When a friend had to break down his reef tank, I snagged his live rock for a song and got everything set up and swimming.

75gal Reef
35 gal sump/fuge ~ about to move all to new condo!

Ottawa Tank Build
My 1st Reef Tank Build
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 AM

Stevey87 is on a distinguished road

I used to have lots of FW stuff and plants and the whole package until I was looking for things to buy on bigalsonline and I saw this pico reef kit for just over 100 bucks so I was searching then ended up buying 29g biocube. Now I got a 40g br set up and hopefully 200g+ system soon!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

We rescued a 90g from an abandoned apartment. It was in bad shape, hundreds of apatasia, urine yellow water, dying corals. We still have the clowns and the brown carpet is with a friend. We were freshies, but now have gotten rid of allmost all of them. Minus our ponds and Betas.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Banned

saltwaterseahorses is on a distinguished road

i saw a seahorse for the first time and i just fell inlove with them so i got a tanka dn instead got a pipefish didnt turn out tooo well he starved and then i moved onto different fish, i got a new aquarium today its a 35 gallon, with a regal tang (poor thing should be in a 75 gallon) and a clownfish and a chromis and a anemone. Btw im selling them all in a month or so!