Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 04:28 PM

ILIKECOUGARS is on a distinguished road

Well I had this reactor set up for over month now with 1L biopellets. With no foam and only a mesh mod on the bottom plate so that the pellets won't fall thru.

First week useing a mj1200 and the pellets would only bounce around in the reactor.

Second week switch to a aquaclear 70 (about 400 gph) now the pellet would tumble on one side of the reactor and producing a lot of mlum, and would clog the pellets from tumbleing, which each day I would have stir the pellets in the reactor. The TLF 550 reactor top comes off easy without removing any plumbing or twisting the bottom of the reactor. A plus for this reactor. Ran this way for 2 weeks.

Now I have it plumb it to my return line from the sump, (which was less than $10 dollars for fitting). Now the pellets I would said are boiling in the reactor 3/4 to 1" above the level mark of the pellets on one side the reactor and down the other side in circular motion.

I am wondering now, if this is too much flow?

Last edited by ILIKECOUGARS; 04-12-2010 at 04:49 AM.