Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

So how do I plumb it so that it works correctly? And where would I get such a fitting as described in an earlier post? So if this was for store use only than I should'nt have paid the price I did for it and how do you figure that it was intended for store use only? You are in Calgary but the store I bought it from is in the lower mainland. The store I bought it from has come across this thread and said that he was happy that you were taking care of me, so I would assume that he did not know it was for store use only. Either way I feel that I got screwed. If it was for store use only would the store be told "too bad so sad no warranty"? I would assume that you would stand by the product and replace it just to help in future sales.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

now that i cant help u with a plumbing store with have a 1/4 " tee i would imagine i can take better pictures of how my lines are run but other than than that i am no plumber and dont have much history with these products

360 Reef Tank
Old 02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I'm in Richmond.

Look, that unit is, for all intents and purposes, not a retail product and was not meant to be sold as such or sold at all. I can't service something that isn't to spec with the final consumer item.

I understand that this is a frustrating situation for you, but please understand that there is no place anywhere that Vertex has authorized the sale or warranty of a tester product to a retail customer. The product should not have left the original place of purchase in the first place.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM

Ok, I got it. I got screwed again. I actually liked dealing with the smaller stores 'cause I like the customer service better.. Lesson learned I guess. Twice now I have been burnt by the small stores. So Albert what do you suggest for me to do to get this unit to work correctly? As in plumbing the TDS plug in on the DI container outlet.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Ok, I got it. I got screwed again. I actually liked dealing with the smaller stores 'cause I like the customer service better.. Lesson learned I guess. Twice now I have been burnt by the small stores. So Albert what do you suggest for me to do to get this unit to work correctly? As in plumbing the TDS plug in on the DI container outlet.
Can you take a picture of the underside of the unit with the canisters removed? You can email them to me at albert@prolineaquatics.com
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Just to let anyone who is interested in this product know....... If you have read this thread, that this unit has been working good other than the TDS meter not reading properly. It's obvious that I should not have been sold this unit as it was for testing purposes only. So I got screwed. I have been in contact with the rep and he is trying to help me out. So I just wanted to say sorry to the rep for the public bashing of the RO unit and the reps. I just could'nt accept that I got screwed by the store I got it from.