Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-25-2009, 02:34 PM

Richer is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I assume buying online will save you money. What I'm looking for is what makes you determine whether the price difference is worth buying online.

Thanks for all of the responses, please keep them coming!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Intensely involved Flash banners. You know the sort where you gotta click like a madman to get the dude to do pull-ups or throw punches. SOLD!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Hi Rich... Nice to see you around again.
Good luck with your project. Its too bad i couldn't make dinner the other night.

1. technical - If this includes superb customer service and after purchase support its a big plus for me. Now saying that it could be local support or not that would be more desirable to me. Would depend on the vendor.

2. availability - I'll include quality and reputation in this as well. If I can get superior quality from a vendor that has a good standing in the industry I'm all for it.

3. perishable - If the goods i want have a high rate of not making it to me I might hesitate to order, but if the cost savings are significant I might take a gamble on it.

4. ease of shipment (the higher the weight/size of the item, the more it'll cost to ship, ie. salt) If the cost savings are still there as assumed, its really not an issue.

5. fragility - Most cases its not an issue if you buy from a reputable source that knows how to package goods for shipment. Key is to do your homework.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

1. availability (obviously, if the product is only available at a local shop, or only online, you'd only buy from there)

2. ease of shipment (the higher the weight/size of the item, the more it'll cost to ship, ie. salt)

3. how perishable the item is (fish/coral/frozen food)

4.fragility (how easily something is broken during shipment, regardless of whether or not the vendor replaces the item)

5.technical aspect of the item (how beneficial would it be to buy local so that you can get some local technical help, the Neptune controller comes to mind)

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.