Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 05-14-2009, 04:37 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

You and me both - lots of rules in government (I work in healthcare),

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer Rob View Post
LOL! Bending rules in my business is nearly impossible anyway, the government is so far up my a$$ it hurts to bend over... still, if it's a senseless rule

There's so many regulations (and a government bureaucracy to go with each one!) I probably break a few every day and don't even know it.

Gotta go... so many rules, so little time.
As noted above, my suppliers are the Local Fish Stores here in Toronto. I have in fact asked for copies of CITES to investigate the possibility of re-exporting frags to the US -ya it did not go over well as the CITES contains the suppier name...and the local stored here are kinda protective of that as you may be able to appreciate! (only as good as your sullier here in Toronto)

Hope this adequately answers your question. Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
Could you kindly ask your supplier to forward you a copy of his/her CITES for me? You could PM or fax me a copy.

Thanks and looking forward to it as I would like to spend quite a considerable amount of money with you just as long as you can show me documented proof that you or your supplier brought it in legally.

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
You and me both - lots of rules in government (I work in healthcare),

As noted above, my suppliers are the Local Fish Stores here in Toronto. I have in fact asked for copies of CITES to investigate the possibility of re-exporting frags to the US -ya it did not go over well as the CITES contains the suppier name...and the local stored here are kinda protective of that as you may be able to appreciate! (only as good as your sullier here in Toronto)

Hope this adequately answers your question. Dave
Well....I'm sure that for any potential business from me, you could somehow persuade your LFS to relinquiesh the CITES for me to veryify...otherwise how would I know? I am just basing my purchase on your honesty that the corals were imported legally.

Could I call DFO to visit your LFS so that they can verify the CITES authenticity before I make a purchase?

Could you kindly ask your LFS if this would be a possibility?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well....I'm sure that for any potential business from me, you could somehow persuade your LFS to relinquiesh the CITES for me to veryify...otherwise how would I know? I am just basing my purchase on your honesty that the corals were imported legally.

Could I call DFO to visit your LFS so that they can verify the CITES authenticity before I make a purchase?

Thanks.
RAD, I believe your sole intent here is to cause trouble. Please refrain from this activity. The vendor is not responsible for showing you anything. It is an unreasonable request, no LFS would oblige to this type of request.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM

how much are you looking to spend?

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quinster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Quinster

Quote:

Thanks.
Do you do this with all the other stores you purchase items from that look exotic or may be labeled as something it is not? When your buddy/neighbor "John Doe" frags his nice new exotic coral for you, do you ask him for proof of cities import?

I don't see many stores that import their own corals, let alone someone who frags their personal stock for resale accomidating you with this information.

How would you verify the coral in question is the actual one listed on the cities provided?

**EDIT: I see this was touched upon while I was taking my sweet time posting.**
Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road
Default Cites

Exactly my point....why can't I ask one vendor for verification and not another?

I am not trying to cause trouble...actually what I'm trying to do is prove a point that this thread is useless.

Asking a LFS to provide documentation to prove thier legitimacy is assinine. LFS protect their suppliers and will not readily provide such documentation.

So if Dave can ask another competitor for documents to verify the legalities why can't I ask the same of Dave?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Exactly my point....why can't I ask one vendor for verification and not another?

I am not trying to cause trouble...actually what I'm trying to do is prove a point that this thread is useless.

Asking a LFS to provide documentation to prove thier legitimacy is assinine. LFS protect their suppliers and will not readily provide such documentation.

So if Dave can ask another competitor for documents to verify the legalities why can't I ask the same of Dave?

Thanks.
I've just seen the notes where Dave is asking the same thing, so fair enough.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Why don't you tell everyone your name and who you are representing???

You think you can hide anonymously behind a userID?

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Just a guy..

Dave, Ian, Paul. This is not going to be allowed to continue.

Dave, this is not the intent of vendor forums, and is not considered part of normal business activities.
I'm going to ask that this is closed and dropped. There will be no productive result from continuing this thread.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM

blaster is on a distinguished road

interesting

Last edited by blaster; 05-14-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: useless response by me