Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 AM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

I never understood the need for Vendor Ratings either... but that's me.

IMO, we put so much time into reasearching WHAT we buy (most of us) What's the extra researching in to WHERE we buy? I know all's I did was ask around as to what's hot and what's not.. simple as that.

Anyways, my .02 cents in all of this... good luck to the Mod's, and a big thanks for all your time and efforts. I am not going to deny that the polls weren't informative, because they were indeed.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 AM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
good luck to the Mod's, and a big thanks for all your time and efforts.

Well before the thread is locked

Last edited by sharuq1; 08-19-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Canreef Puffer...too funny
Old 08-19-2008, 02:39 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

One more just because I do find what others have done interesting

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Not saying it'll work here just a FYI and I know you PDC (probably don't care) but I mean no harm
Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, my mistake. No other thread, false alarm. Let's continue here.

Last edited by Aquattro; 08-19-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Just a guy..

Re-opened, closed originally cause I don't read so good
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Just a guy..

Ok, synopsis of the morning.

Wes thought posting comments was a good idea.

Dave thought so too

I explained that it will never happen, and why

Wes said never say never

I said never

Shrimskin called me a power tripper

I laughed, said bye

Chin came to my defense, saying it's not power tripping, it's just the ugly truth, and comments will never be allowed in open forums.

Jaws had a reply and I've asked him to put it here.

That about covers it.

Oh, and we love Wes, he wasn't feeling any love.

This was all removed from a thread some mod hijacked before coffee. We should be good now.

Carry on
Old 08-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ok, synopsis of the morning.

Wes thought posting comments was a good idea.

Dave thought so too

I explained that it will never happen, and why

Wes said never say never

I said never

Shrimskin called me a power tripper

I laughed, said bye

Chin came to my defense, saying it's not power tripping, it's just the ugly truth, and comments will never be allowed in open forums.

Jaws had a reply and I've asked him to put it here.

That about covers it.

Oh, and we love Wes, he wasn't feeling any love.

This was all removed from a thread some mod hijacked before coffee. We should be good now.

Carry on
I think that does about cover it.. nice summary.

As for the love... ahah
Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

JAWS Comment

"
I can see this thread getting a little out of control and I contemplated not saying anything but I think I have to fully agree with the vendors here. I understand that the majority of the members are mature enough to post without causing conflict but I've been visiting this board for over five years now and there have always been enough members on this board that don't show the proper discretion enough either to justify not allowing posts in these forums or else it would be a fulltime job policing them. Especially since it's a heat of the moment thing some or most of the time. I know that I don't have enough time to police this board and the staff have done an excellent job with everything I've seen of them thus far. Considering that the names of members are now displayed in the voting results to allow everyone a chance to PM these people personally for their experiences, and it saves the possibility of public slander of the paying vendors, which in turn makes the jobs o!
f the staff easier to administer the rest of the board and not waste most of their time policing a minor detail overall, which in turn makes it so I don't have to do it - makes sense to me. Just my opinion though of course. I can tell you that out off all the threads I've seen get out of hand and heat up at an alarming rate, the majority of the time it involves either bashing or protecting a vendor. Thanks to those that are voting. I appreciate it.

"
Old 08-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
JAWS Comment

"
I can see this thread getting a little out of control and I contemplated not saying anything but I think I have to fully agree with the vendors here. I understand that the majority of the members are mature enough to post without causing conflict but I've been visiting this board for over five years now and there have always been enough members on this board that don't show the proper discretion enough either to justify not allowing posts in these forums or else it would be a fulltime job policing them. Especially since it's a heat of the moment thing some or most of the time. I know that I don't have enough time to police this board and the staff have done an excellent job with everything I've seen of them thus far. Considering that the names of "members are now displayed in the voting results to allow everyone a chance to PM these people personally for their experiences, and it saves the possibility of public slander of the paying vendors, which in turn makes the jobs o!
f the staff easier to administer the rest of the board and not waste most of their time policing a minor detail overall, which in turn makes it so I don't have to do it - makes sense to me. Just my opinion though of course. I can tell you that out off all the threads I've seen get out of hand and heat up at an alarming rate, the majority of the time it involves either bashing or protecting a vendor. Thanks to those that are voting. I appreciate it.

"
All I'm saying is once they are established it can't be thatttt bad or reefcentral, nanoreef, and reef2reef wouldn't have those threads... or I guess they just have full time employees?

You just need rules

"A forum for members to share and evaluate their experiences with on-line companies in the Aquaria hobby. Please be sure to stick to the facts when posting comments about your experiences."

"Rules for posting about a Trader:

This forum was created to provide everyone with a bit of a database to find out if a trader was honest, shipped on time, etc.

This is not a forum for bashing for fighting. If you have been ripped off in a trade, simply post the facts to the situation and move on. Your post is a warning to others - not a call to fight.

This forum is also in place to provide praise to users who are fair in their trades, courteous, and helpful during the deal. If you've had a good trading experience, please give everyone a heads up! The more successful trades the better.

Rules for posting about Vendors:

This forum was also put in place to provide an area to give feedback about experiences with businesses catering to the hobby. Please share your experiences whether good or bad if you wish to do so, but please STICK TO THE FACTS.

If you are posting a complaint, do not just bash the business. Simply post the FACTS and let the members decide. Also be understanding that every company will make mistakes, and if the issue is rectified, please post a response telling us so."

A few people are always going to get out of hand with or without vendor reviews but for the most part i think with rules things would be ok, and allow for better constructive comments for both vendors and buyers. Which in turn will make the world a better place FULL OF LOVE, peace and knowledge

Maybe I just have too much faith in people?

Last edited by superduperwesman; 08-19-2008 at 05:49 PM.