Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default :(

RIP - sometime between August 9 and 17.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Sheesh man! First Drew's, now yours. Sorry to hear of the loss.. it sure was beautiful.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:18 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Oh sorry to hear Tony. It was great to see pics of the tank though.

J
Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Sorry, Tony At least I feel good knowing that it wasn't any neglect or mishandling on my part. I guess these ones just weren't strong enough.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Does anyone think that maybe these carpets were dyed or something? There seems to be a high death rate of these and I read somewhere that somebody had one a while and it turned green. I know we get dyed fish sometimes that we can never keep healthy - is it possible that some anemones are being dyed to make them more attractive to the consumer?

You guys baby your tanks and I know your water quality must be excellent - so it seems really strange these are dying so rapidly, won't eat, etc.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear that Tony... my friends yellow died about 2 weeks ago too
He bought it about 2-3 weeks after you did.

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Aw crap Tony, I hope it wasn't dead in there for a week?..
Old 08-18-2008, 11:55 PM

Monti-Man is on a distinguished road

Tony i'm sorry you lost that one

Although i think it was a trend from the begginning. They all seemed to be from the same shipment and they all seemed to go out the same way?Mine and yours had issues feeding and myselfs and Drews just kinda lost its mass over a week period or so. Not sure if yours did the lossing mass thing.

How is the purple one? Mine is remakably we'll. Seemed to have a couple hick ups the last week or so but i think it was a flow issue. Maybe the purple guys are from a different collecting?
Numerous corals,2 purple tangs,choclate mimic tang,Foxface,Solar wrasse,male and female lubbocks wrasse,hoevens wrasse,Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse,Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse,yellow wrasse,3 Yellowstripe Anthias,True percand S.Gigantea anemone
Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Purple is hanging on still and eats mysis so I worry less about it. (I still worry a little, but at least it stays put and eats, which is a good sign. It doesn't grow much though..) The blue was really starting to lose biomass towards the end despite efforts to keep it fed. It was really starting to wander badly before I had to go away so I was pretty worried about it, and am sort of not really surprised to find it MIA now that I'm back. Still rather frustrating and I wonder if I had maybe tried moving it sooner would I have had a little better luck. Although when I heard both yours and Drews had already checked out I was pretty sure this was going to be the outcome as well.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:06 PM

Nate is on a distinguished road
Default blue gigantea

I have had mine for 4 months, under 8 54 watt t5s surrounded by a bunch of bubble tips which he over powers no problem. I have fed him mysis shrimp once in these four months, and he has not lost colour or moved around. I think the key to keeping this species for me is that my false percs feed him all the time. He is now at the point where he does not even mind eating pellets from the clowns...

Basically, when I feed, the clowns are trying to feed him and about 15 bubble tips aruond them. One thing I have noticed is that they have started breeding more frequently since the introduction of the carpet

Just my 2 cents