Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. Surprisingly, the tank is still pretty full looking even with the losses removed. I lost 3 bali colonies, 3 "mini" colonies and the rest were frags. The two most notable losses were my frags of Jesse's pink table and purple cross. Waa. Hopefully I can find replacements. Jason my tank still needs a piece of your Loisettae though (mine packed it in) as well as that other blue one that I dont' know the name of (you call it ultra blue on frags.org)

After the heartbreaking wrasse/clam episode of a couple weeks ago (my ever inquisitive wrasse stuck his nose, clam shut and crushed his head, killing him) I'm just glad I didn't lose any fish (except for my nano neon goby )

Thanks for the offers of frags, you guys are awesome. For now I think I'll just let the tank settle in and see what happens.

The jury is still out in zooland (aka the nano tank). All ricordea are gone as well as my neon goby and cleaner shrimp. I'm not really sure where to go from there. I guess a big water change and siphon to suck out all the ricordea goo piles.

The room is now a balmy 77 thanks to a better placed AC unit. Hopefully that will do the trick. I'm still convinced that its the heat in the room. The chiller instructions say that the ambient room temp can't exceed 95F and no doubt that was the problem although I'm thinking its more like 90F or so. Every time the chiller has blown a fuse it has been a hot day. The chiller is only 3 years old so I hope it doesn't need new coolant, previously it didn't really have to work that hard, just for a few weeks during the summer. Thoughts??

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:24 PM

fishface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
oh NO! So sorry!!!! I thought crap like that only happened to ME.
i thought this is what happens to everyone that goes on vacation!!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
i thought this is what happens to everyone that goes on vacation!!

Seems that way. It makes me never want to leave the house again

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

You'll have to wait a year or so, but I do have a frag of Jesse's red table. It's encrusted and just starting to grow now. When it's big enough I can frag you a piece if you haven't found one by then.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

I think that red table has found it's way into someones hands that is really good with the clippers.

J
Old 07-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
I think that red table has found it's way into someones hands that is really good with the clippers.

J

Hopefully theres some left

My 180 Build

Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post

The room is now a balmy 77 thanks to a better placed AC unit. Hopefully that will do the trick. I'm still convinced that its the heat in the room. The chiller instructions say that the ambient room temp can't exceed 95F and no doubt that was the problem although I'm thinking its more like 90F or so. Every time the chiller has blown a fuse it has been a hot day. The chiller is only 3 years old so I hope it doesn't need new coolant, previously it didn't really have to work that hard, just for a few weeks during the summer. Thoughts??
Could it be that this unit has a smaller cooliant tank capacity? And when all of the freon is already evaporated there is no more liquid to evaporate and heat will stop transfering from one side to the other.
Perhaps extra cooling will work (chilling the chiller LOL) if you take a cover off (be carefull it is hot !) you will se a balck round compressor just like behind your fridge if you blow some air on it with the fan it might help.
But still if ambient temperature will stay high it will be pushing this unit in to thermal shock. May be creating a draft will help a bit too just to help move this hot air away.
I wish you luck.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 AM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Sorry to here about your loses. I can also frag some stuff for you if you would like.I lost most of my corals about a year and half ago the same way. My zoo's and half a monti digi was all that survived.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 AM

NateL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NateL

Im sorry to hear of your tragedy... If I had anything to frag you would be welcome to it.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

I unfortunately missed out on the last bubble gum frag by about 2 min but I can help you replace your ricordeas

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252