Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road

Could you use a local delivery or courier to get the cargo from your place to the airport?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 PM

shelleyr is on a distinguished road
Default Carl Swaby

I notice Carl Swaby's name on one of the SPS pictures. Are you connected with Frag Factory?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Will you still be using frags.org as one of your advertising venues?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Wickedfrags.com is not connected with Frag Factory at all, completely separate companies.

I know Carl personally and see him regularly at local shipments, and he is the competition!!! And how dare you mention that store in my thread!!! Kidding of course - fair question.

To elaborate further, I acquired that specific coral through a trade with Carl sometime in 2004/2005. To my knowledge my colony is the last remaining piece as all other colonies/fragments were lost. As this is a truly unique coral, I do credit Carl as it was his colony originally. I am the farmer of the colony photographed on the site.

I hope to feature/make available corals of some other skilled hobbyists in the near future, hopefully before the grand opening. As Carl now has his own business, as do I, it is unlikely you will see Carl's name beside any other corals on my site in the immediate future. If something changed, I will be sure to advise my customers. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyr View Post
I notice Carl Swaby's name on one of the SPS pictures. Are you connected with Frag Factory?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 PM

It is unlikely I will be able to update canada.frags.org on a regular basis now that I have my own website. The combination of my other job, taking care of ALL the tanks, looking for new corals, photographing them, and updating the site will keep me pretty darn busy!

It is my hope that frags.org may direct some traffic to my website, but I do not intend on updating it regularly at this time. This could of course change depending on how things go.

Currently my intent is to make Canreef my primary forum outside of Ontario. In Ontario I will be updating hobbyists through reefescape.ca. Again, I may visit some other forums initially but I can only commit to maintaining great service by being active in all locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Will you still be using frags.org as one of your advertising venues?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 AM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220G View Post
No decisions to date. I have been contacted by two people requiring this type of service so far, as it appears most service providers have pretty good next day coverage throughout Canada. I will probably revisit this closer to the fall when I have a better idea and people start spending more time looking at their tanks.

I hate the idea of not providing this service, but the drive for me to get to the airport can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes with good old Toronto traffic, and that’s one way, without the administrative side at the airport.

Perhaps there is the ability to get in on a group order in the interim?
Nice site and beautiful corals. I am unfortunately in the same position as Hawk in that the only way I could purchase corals from you is with airport to airport service. Group buys are not an option as the closest place to me that might have overnight delivery is still at least a 5 hour drive - one way - and that is to Prince George where I don't think there are enough reefers to make a group buy possible. Edmonton is another option as there are way more people but that is an 8 hour one way drive.
Just the same you have some really nice stuff and good luck with your new business venture.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:24 PM

I will review this over the weekend. For those people who require the airport to airport service please contact me directly via PM, or through the website. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Nice site and beautiful corals. I am unfortunately in the same position as Hawk in that the only way I could purchase corals from you is with airport to airport service. Group buys are not an option as the closest place to me that might have overnight delivery is still at least a 5 hour drive - one way - and that is to Prince George where I don't think there are enough reefers to make a group buy possible. Edmonton is another option as there are way more people but that is an 8 hour one way drive.
Just the same you have some really nice stuff and good luck with your new business venture.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Cheers !

I have personally traded and purchased with Dave, and would love to let you all know theres nothing but the highest standards here.

I am confident that these frags are among the best out there for us Canadians, and will be doing buisness with him soon again im sure.

Kudo`s

Marc.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks Mark, glad to hear you were pleased with the stuff you recived and that everything shipped well.

Also, for those considering getting some frags from Marc, not only does he have some great pieces, he did the best job of packaging corals for shipment I have EVER seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFudge View Post
Cheers !

I have personally traded and purchased with Dave, and would love to let you all know theres nothing but the highest standards here.

I am confident that these frags are among the best out there for us Canadians, and will be doing buisness with him soon again im sure.

Kudo`s

Marc.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM

blennie is on a distinguished road

heya 220. this is bigbadblenny from RC. i pmed you about your tank when it was tank fo the month.. gratzz on the site and i look forward to buying some of your stunning corals