Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef
Default Non-Indo Lords

So, I've been following a sort of Non-Indo Lords (aka, Japan/Aussie Lords) craze on RC. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I right in assuming that Australia recently opened up their coral export restrictions and now we're seeing some of their corals here for sale? Are we getting any of those this way? And should I start putting one of my kidneys up for sale on the black market so I can afford a colony?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 05-26-2007, 04:12 PM

vanreefer is on a distinguished road

There here

http://oceanaquatics.com/
Old 05-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Justusfish is on a distinguished road
Default acans

speaking of australian imports, what is all the fuss about acans? They are so expensive yet in terms of colour, other corals beat the heck out of them? Are they just the latest craze so people are overpaying, or is there really a reason for the hefty price tag?
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 05-27-2007, 01:37 AM

I have to disagree! These acans are amazing!!

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 05-27-2007, 02:02 AM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justusfish View Post
speaking of australian imports, what is all the fuss about acans? They are so expensive yet in terms of colour, other corals beat the heck out of them? Are they just the latest craze so people are overpaying, or is there really a reason for the hefty price tag?
show me what you have that "beats the heck out of this.

Personally out of the 1000s of corals i've seen. I have never seen anything close to as colourful as the aussie acans. Not sure if we will ever see Japanese in Canada since they are illegal to export.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:49 AM

Or these. I hope I was able to use these photos (copied from another website). If not, someone let me know!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:51 AM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Ya if you are an acan lover you gotta by having some of these. I have seen all over aussie acans (85 yesterday) and they are all spectacular. There are essentially no bad ones.

vanreefer - if those are from australia they are the worst I have ever seen. I am guessing they are not aussie, just on they way they look. Der_Iron_Chef posted pics typical of the aussie acans we have been seeing come in through TO.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Want to PM the website to me so I can view these myself.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 AM

more1020 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220G View Post
vanreefer - if those are from australia they are the worst I have ever seen. I am guessing they are not aussie, just on they way they look. Der_Iron_Chef posted pics typical of the aussie acans we have been seeing come in through TO.
220G,

Why? Have you seen them in person? OA has been a great lfs in our area and always provide excellent support and help to all customers! Your comment is very unfair to it. Yes, your lfs has the BEST PICTURE for all corals but I don't see why those from OA are the worst,especially you never seen them in person. I visited and saw them the other day,they look very very nice.

It would have been nice if you landed on this board to offer and assist others instead of crashing a reputation of a great store. It won't help to boost your "fragging" business here considering that you are trying to start your business on this board.

Any unhappy customers from OA here? I don't think so.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 AM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220G View Post

They look aussie to me, but not as colourfull as most. The pictures are very poor quality so it would be hard to justify buying those without decent macro shots. The colours of my first aussie acan are the same as indo but looking at it you can tell its not indo.

Perhaps they are collected from a different region in australia were they aren't as colourfull.

I'm loving the middle pic of the rr ones