Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-15-2006, 10:29 PM

jws444 is on a distinguished road

Can a retail copy program such as Clone DVD remove the CSS protection? I always thought that retail programs don't do it and this is exactly why DVD shrink is shareware to prevent a ton of law suits.

Just for fun, I downloaded Clone DVD, and it will not rip a store bought dvd stating that there is CSS protection on the disc.

Am I missing something here?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws444
Can a retail copy program such as Clone DVD remove the CSS protection? I always thought that retail programs don't do it and this is exactly why DVD shrink is shareware to prevent a ton of law suits.

Just for fun, I downloaded Clone DVD, and it will not rip a store bought dvd stating that there is CSS protection on the disc.

Am I missing something here?
you need anydvd also.. anydvd removes the protection.
and yes it works.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:03 AM

Location: inside a faraday cage in the middle of a lightning storm
powerboy is on a distinguished road

I am suprised no one has suggested upgrading the burners firmware. This is a very common thing to do and should be done to ensure your burner is compatable with all media etc.
Google the model of your burner and add "firmware" in the search string. Itll most likely lead you to the manufacturers site (or a firmware forum). Go look up your drive, d/l the patch and apply.

This will most likely solve any problems you may have. And it may even tempt you to ditch the "stock" firmware and perhaps install some of the hacks that can really unlock your burners capabilities. (at your own risk of course)