Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-07-2018, 11:03 PM

CHEAPREEF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post

The ATI Esentials is basically the Balling method (Randy Holmes Recipe) with extra trace elements. Your choice to not do water changes is only a choice not something the system on its own encourages or benefits from.
I talked with the US ATI rep quite a bit before switching over, If you read up on it you'll see they recommend no Water Changes and ICP test every 3 months.

But your right to each there own, lots of people haven't done water changes in years without doseing anything but 2 part or a calcium reactor.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:58 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEAPREEF View Post
I talked with the US ATI rep quite a bit before switching over, If you read up on it you'll see they recommend no Water Changes and ICP test every 3 months.
Sorry I stand corrected ATI Essentials recommends ICP Testing. Who do you send your samples off to? I have been considering using Coralvue in Colorado to do my testing.

I do not believe doing testing changes the need for water changes as water changes are required to return our tanks back to desired levels when the levels get too high. The testing does provide better insight into when those water changes are required.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road

I really like the idea of the means to send the water off monthly and they give you a complex break down of the water chemistry.
If a product is bad or you have equipment failing and adding something bad like metal or chemical poising to your tank it can be cought before it builds to a toxic level.
How much dose this service cost for a year and is there many labes that will do this for reefers.
Cool tec for sure !
Not really up on bleach/ hydro peroxide can you post a link if it’s worth a read .
thanks .
I know there is reactors for hydro peroxide to add radical oxygen to the system but not widely used by many in reef settings .
Old 02-08-2018, 07:27 AM

Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road

Took the bags back calcium chloride anhidrous there chemist at the chemical supplier had a breef talk with me said it had been contaminated because it acts like a descant ( no moisture) so it absorbs like a sponge . He figured the factory’s steel containers had rust so it absorbed iron oxide .
That is the red mud that I screened out .
So is it safe no one knows
if it’s iron oxide probly ok
but it would been realy bad if it was used if it’s copper sulphate.
They replaced the product and gave me the contaminated stuff for my drive way.
Thanks all for your input.