Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

What I mean by recirc line is a secondary line, usually 1/4", that can bring the gas bubble into the pump intake. The pipe that carries most of the water is likely inset into the lid a little bit thus giving the gas bubble a place to form. The recirc line would have to be flush to the inside of the lid, or even recessed a little so that it's drawing from the absolute highest point in the reaction chamber thus mitigating the size of the bubble buildup.

I'm probably not explaining this well enough. I'll see if I can dig up some photos or diagrams.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:45 AM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
What I mean by recirc line is a secondary line, usually 1/4", that can bring the gas bubble into the pump intake. The pipe that carries most of the water is likely inset into the lid a little bit thus giving the gas bubble a place to form. The recirc line would have to be flush to the inside of the lid, or even recessed a little so that it's drawing from the absolute highest point in the reaction chamber thus mitigating the size of the bubble buildup.

I'm probably not explaining this well enough. I'll see if I can dig up some photos or diagrams.
I think I know what your trying to explain. The outside of the lid is flat but the inside is actually cone shaped so that the recirculating line is at the absolute highest point, thus not allowing any bubbles to form at the top and pushing them down into the recirculating pump. The effluent line sits at the lowest part of the cone lid.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:55 PM

straightrazorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to straightrazorguy

I have the same problem with my Vertex calcium reactor. It started while I was on vacation, after using the reactor with no problems for over 6 months. Since then I tried everything; burping the gas recirc line, messing with the pump, etc. I even contacted the Vertex people and they didn't have a good explanation or suggestion. So, I'll be watching this thread with great interest....
Old 11-01-2017, 04:00 AM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

It's been a few days since I've replaced my uniseal and I also put silicone around the uniseal and the pipe going into it. I checked the reactor and there wasn't a single air bubble in it!!

Thanks everyone for your help
Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

I have always "burped" my reactor every 2 or 3 days as part of my ritual. I check it more often now for leaks around the seal, but now that the reactor sits in my sump it's not such a concern any more.lmao

Last edited by Cujo#31; 11-16-2017 at 01:42 AM.