Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Pescador is on a distinguished road
Default Switched to Optik TV

Well we made the big move to Telus TV and internet after being with Shaw forever. Even though we own 5 Shaw boxes including 2HD PVRS, I just got tired of their slow implementation of new products when it seems like we are paying top dollar.
(Shaw has upgraded their browser since we ordered Telus but no plans for networked PVR's)

I was pretty nervous about the install, since we have a home theater and 8 TV's, 4 computers, 2 XBoxes and a wireless network.
There is a limit of 3 live feeds on at once for each TV feed so Telus gave us 2 lines. Each line only needs 1 PVR as you can share recordings between TV's.
They also gave me software for the XBoxes to convert them to PVR's.

The install took about 4 hours of the Tech and I scratching our heads but it's all up and running.
So far so good.
The picture is better on HD and SD. The browser has some neat features, the 2 separate networks turned out great, our 2 boys are on one downstairs and we have the other upstairs. We can even order seperate programming for them.
We can watch a recording in the living room and finish watching it in the bedroom.
The internet speed seems comparable to our Shaw Extreme.
With 2 TV lines we actually have 2 separate wireless points to pick from.

After all the promotional offers expire we will be paying about the same as we were with Shaw but it's not Shaw and the picture is better.
110g mangrove refug/sump
Poison Dart Frog Vivarium