Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-14-2013, 09:51 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
So, it was a better choice for you at that time but not now.

now your learning lol
Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
now your learning lol
LOL

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 12-14-2013, 11:51 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
my friend , i think you should read a little and maybe think about it before posting and heres why.....
That's what the problem is here. More reading than experience mixed with back peddling. Unsubscribed
Old 12-15-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
my friend , i think you should read a little and maybe think about it before posting and heres why.....

you dont understand what im saying and prob what most others are saying, all you hear is " you paid how much". while i could have kept my radion pros im not sure how 2 radons can light up 11ft of tank?? ( 2 x 5 1/2 ft systems) and i dont think they are a good fit both in regards to sps colors im trying to aquire and to photography, can i ask what did you find with your led light in regards to both? maybe im missing something lol

my reason for leaving leds has nothing to do with " x " amount of dollars vs " xxx " amount of dollars or i wouldnt of bought the pros lol being high end or low end had nothing to do with it i think you got your facts completely mixed up and backwards.

again all i see is a " i hate high end stuffs " thread that has no direction at all lol

care to explain?
Ok so basically this is how the thread went:

Step 1: I opened up a thread saying which stuffs I prefer to spend my money and which I don't and I believe you dont always get what you pay for.

Step 2: I keep on saying that there are people who strongly believe that you pay what you get for and they insist that nothing is achievable by low-end fixture

Step 3: Apparently, everything gets concluded as "rant for high end stuffs"

Denny, my point has been from the very beginning of the thread (with some diversion) is that "you don't always get what you pay for". I don't know where it is so hard to understand. It is not always about the money but about what you are going to be successful with. Since we are on LEDs, let me bring on example up. Many people have success with AI and many have success with radions. There you go: the complete spectrum! And few weeks ago regarding an LED, someone keeps on pointing out that you should go for "HIGH END FIXTURE" to have success. That's my rant. Disprove me if you may! Success can be achieved by all means and cannot be judged by how many high end stuffs you have. As simple as that: that's my whole point. You are the kind of guy who gives all sort of option irrespective of price. I still remember you saying "odyssea should be fine on your tank" instead of saying "thats complete crap; change it asap or you won't be able to grow anything". I have dealt with you too many times than anyone here and you have never judged (atleast not for my purchases) on the money but rather than the actual quality.

And funny how the so called "experience" play around the game. When a guy who talks about how high end stuffs may not always work for you, thats total crap, must have experience before talking and "back peddling" but when a guy comes forth saying "hey don't buy that, I "heard" they can burn down your house", experience doesn't matter and that's rock solid advice right there. What can I say

Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but there are times where one ask "is bubble magus good" and there will be posts like "piece of crap (cause they are cheap) and you should get bubble king cause you get what you pay foram saying
My direct experience with BM was after about 8 months the pump would get really hot and shut down, then it would and repeat the procedure. BM did send me a new pump and I used it for a week or so then I sold it. About a month later I got an email from the guy who bought it and he said that the new pump actually blew up and took his sump out with it. He wasn't accusing me of anything just had some questions about what to do as the skimmer wasn't a year old yet. I had him contact Michael and as far as I know Aqua-Digital took care of him on this. So I would be hesitant to recommend any BM product not because they are cheap but because of my experience with the product. Point is not everyone is telling people not to buy cheap stuff just because of the price point. Some of the bad stories you hear are actually true.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Old 12-15-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
My direct experience with BM was after about 8 months the pump would get really hot and shut down, then it would and repeat the procedure. BM did send me a new pump and I used it for a week or so then I sold it. About a month later I got an email from the guy who bought it and he said that the new pump actually blew up and took his sump out with it. He wasn't accusing me of anything just had some questions about what to do as the skimmer wasn't a year old yet. I had him contact Michael and as far as I know Aqua-Digital took care of him on this. So I would be hesitant to recommend any BM product not because they are cheap but because of my experience with the product. Point is not everyone is telling people not to buy cheap stuff just because of the price point. Some of the bad stories you hear are actually true.
True that Atleast you didn't make me feel like I am "lying" because I don't have the experience, thanks Some people are good in doing that I had a vertex in-80/100 pump burn on me

Old 12-15-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
I knew you would return

Old 12-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Success can be achieved by all means and cannot be judged by how many high end stuffs you have
But you assume that success is the only motivation in selection of item. It isn't. I choose my controller for ease of tank management. I choose it for it's form factor and interface. I choose it for it's programming model.
My LEDs were selected for how they would look as an overall part of the tank design in the main room of my house. AI Sols have a very nice design and fit well with the theme of my tank.
I choose pumps for how quiet they are, how easy they are to clean and how convenient spare parts are to acquire.
Each piece of equipment has far many more criteria for selection than "will I be successful".
And with these considerations, I find, that in most situations pertaining to my tank and my wallet, I got exactly what I paid for. And none of it has anything to do with how successful it will make me in reef keeping. I have a knack for growing SPS and could probably be successful with a proverbial stick and a blanket. The value of my purchases goes far beyond that.

I too wonder what the hell you're going on about. I think your line of reasoning is very narrow minded and you're arguing in a circle. The best success in reef keeping is being happy with how you've proceeded in the journey. Enjoy your tank, or don't. Stop arguing over something that doesn't have a winning side.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
But you assume that success is the only motivation in selection of item. It isn't. I choose my controller for ease of tank management. I choose it for it's form factor and interface. I choose it for it's programming model.
My LEDs were selected for how they would look as an overall part of the tank design in the main room of my house. AI Sols have a very nice design and fit well with the theme of my tank.
I choose pumps for how quiet they are, how easy they are to clean and how convenient spare parts are to acquire.
Each piece of equipment has far many more criteria for selection than "will I be successful".
And with these considerations, I find, that in most situations pertaining to my tank and my wallet, I got exactly what I paid for. And none of it has anything to do with how successful it will make me in reef keeping. I have a knack for growing SPS and could probably be successful with a proverbial stick and a blanket. The value of my purchases goes far beyond that.

I too wonder what the hell you're going on about. I think your line of reasoning is very narrow minded and you're arguing in a circle. The best success in reef keeping is being happy with how you've proceeded in the journey. Enjoy your tank, or don't. Stop arguing over something that doesn't have a winning side.
This will not be a winning side. And I am going in circle because I just have one point to prove over here and nothing else It just ****es me off when I ask for an advice on an equipment and someone comes forth and say "don't buy that, because you get what you pay for". Well if it suits me, I buy it, I don't like things being judged by money: because that's sets by some companies out there on their own analysis.

In the end, all it matters is what you wrote (pointed in bold). If you can afford expensive stuffs, do it. If someone can't, don't push it on him/her. I couldn't afford an expensive fixture earlier but now I can; I know how it feels when someone judge you on that. A person who started with all the good stuffs won't understand; I should have known that

I will stop now....have had enough fun. Cheers!