Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 AM

OscarMeyer is on a distinguished road

Just got my Vertex as well, and i have to say im extremely impressed, although im having some major issues, wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues?

1. The screen on the light itself, on first start up loads completely fine, after about 3-4 hours of run time it just goes blank, still lights up but you cannot do anything because you cant see what programs your entering, or exiting. Only fix i have found is to unplug the unit, wait 5 mins and then she works again, for only 3-4 hours and then she back to the blank lit screen.

2. Im also having major issues with connectivity of the unit, to get the unit to sync, with the v-stick, i had to change the radio channel from 0 to 1, anyone else have to do this?

3. Now because i changed the radio channel to 1, i can no longer update the unit, after finally getting it to connect to the v-stick i went to check if there was updated software for the light unit, but says because its not on radio channel 0, it will not update, but by putting it back into radio channel 0, it wont sync with the v-stick?

4. having the same issues that, TheDogFather stated, about saving the program to the unit, i upload to the unit, and then save the log and settings and go to close the program only to have it say that i did not save, even tho i did?

5. 2 morning back to back now i have come out and found the unit at random values and having random pods of LED's on. ie... this morning i awoke to only find 1 of the 4 pods lit, i figured it was going to run through the system and was still starting up, it stayed this way until i got it synced to the v-stick where i had to program it all over again. the unit seems to lose its memory?

The version of software for the computer im using is 1.522, and from there website its also 1.522, the light unit itself version 1447. my LFS said that they were upto version 1.56? is that true? I also wanted to see if the mac version had been released yet?

Besides all these downsides, the light it produces, and the power it has, im extremely impressed, I may have just gotten a friday made unit or something?

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having these problems with they're units?

Cheers OscarMeyer
Old 11-02-2010, 01:09 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMeyer View Post
Besides all these downsides, the light it produces, and the power it has, im extremely impressed, I may have just gotten a friday made unit or something?

Cheers OscarMeyer

paying that much money for a fixture, shouldn't have a problem with guys making them on a Friday. they all should be perfect.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

Oscar,

What size is the tank that you're running your fixture over?

I'm really curious about this fixture's front to back coverage.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
paying that much money for a fixture, shouldn't have a problem with guys making them on a Friday. they all should be perfect.
I agree and was definitely something i was alittle ticked about, although the customer support I've received from my LFS(JL), and from Vertex has made up for the problems so far! and to me having the company back they're product is more important than anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Oscar,

What size is the tank that you're running your fixture over?

I'm really curious about this fixture's front to back coverage.
I have the light hanging over my RSM 130D, although i bought the light for my new tank (whenever i can afford it) and that will be a 30x30x18 semi cube, so far the coverage is awesome, although this tank is only 15"W.

I'll try to find the thread i found, where the guy bought a 12" unit, and had it for his 24x24x12 nano tank, he even said the 24" would cover a 30" tank no problems.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...1884674&page=2

Cheers.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 AM

notclear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just got my Vertex as well, and i have to say im extremely impressed, although im having some major issues, wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues?

1. The screen on the light itself, on first start up loads completely fine, after about 3-4 hours of run time it just goes blank, still lights up but you cannot do anything because you cant see what programs your entering, or exiting. Only fix i have found is to unplug the unit, wait 5 mins and then she works again, for only 3-4 hours and then she back to the blank lit screen.

Is it because of the power saving?

2. Im also having major issues with connectivity of the unit, to get the unit to sync, with the v-stick, i had to change the radio channel from 0 to 1, anyone else have to do this?

Same here. Sometimes I have to move my laptop with the v-stick very close to the fixture, i.e. within one foot!

3. Now because i changed the radio channel to 1, i can no longer update the unit, after finally getting it to connect to the v-stick i went to check if there was updated software for the light unit, but says because its not on radio channel 0, it will not update, but by putting it back into radio channel 0, it wont sync with the v-stick?

Try to move the v-stick closer to the fixture when syncing.

4. having the same issues that, TheDogFather stated, about saving the program to the unit, i upload to the unit, and then save the log and settings and go to close the program only to have it say that i did not save, even tho i did?

Same here, but it doesn't matter as it is already saved.

5. 2 morning back to back now i have come out and found the unit at random values and having random pods of LED's on. ie... this morning i awoke to only find 1 of the 4 pods lit, i figured it was going to run through the system and was still starting up, it stayed this way until i got it synced to the v-stick where i had to program it all over again. the unit seems to lose its memory?

It is because of the sync issue you might had encountered.

The version of software for the computer im using is 1.522, and from there website its also 1.522, the light unit itself version 1447. my LFS said that they were upto version 1.56? is that true? I also wanted to see if the mac version had been released yet?

Mac version has been released. Check thier web site.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having these problems with they're units?

Cheers OscarMeyer
See answers above.
160G (72"x22"x23.5") Mixed Reef, 30G Sump/Refugium, Vertex Illumina SR1800 LED Fixture, Reefbrite 60" & 72" actinic, Nanobox Tide and Reefbrite LED for frag sump, Vertex Alpha Cone 200 Skimmer with cleaner, ATB Flowstar 1500 Return Pump on 2 x APC Smart-UPS 1500, ATB Flowstar 4200 with OM4 Closed Loop, 2 Phosban Reactors for Carbon and GFO, Profilux SA3 Doser, Tunze Nano Wavebox, Tunze 6085, Jebao RW15, Rena LG100 Auto Feeder, Profilux Breeze 4 fans, Apex Controller, and Vertex RO/DI.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 AM

ooops just saw your writing

Last edited by OscarMeyer; 11-02-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: my bad mis-read
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 AM

gucci17 is on a distinguished road

should've changed the colour or bolded it to make it easier to distinguish between the question and answer.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
Quote:

Q1: Is it because of the power saving?

Q2: Same here. Sometimes I have to move my laptop with the v-stick very close to the fixture, i.e. within one foot!

Q3:Try to move the v-stick closer to the fixture when syncing.

Q4:Same here, but it doesn't matter as it is already saved.

Q5:It is because of the sync issue you might had encountered.

Q6:Mac version has been released. Check thier web site.

Cheers OscarMeyer
See answers above.
Q1: Power Saving?

Q2: Unfortunately my laptop is my mac, so trying to move my desktop closer to the tank might cause some problems

Q3: See Q2

Q4: I agree with you, but i think this might be the cause of some of the problems, not all of it, but some of them!

Q5: Yup i completely agree.

Q6: I checked the Site saw the Mac and downloaded it, in the process of install now.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 AM

Bingo!!!

downloaded the mac version, and all problems so far have been fixed so far!

Syncing is 100% faster, i actually am able to set values in the special settings, overall 100 x times better!

I'm going to let the unit run for the night, and ill check it again in the morning to see if it still does the blank screen on the unit again!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

What did i do wrong? Went to the site downloaded the mac software installed it. Got the vertex desktop , plugged in my v stick and nothing ??? Am i missing something.... Nothing happened when i plugged in the v stick should it of done something?

360 Reef Tank