Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default you should be worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
No one from Richmond??
Everyone lives in the mountains, well I got to say i'm not the least bit worried yet. I think if the floods happen Richmond will build a wall quick don't think they'll let the airport sink also the skating ring for the olympics big money spent there. Although I was thinking instead of buying a house next year it should be a house boat that way if it does flood my house will raise with the water...
unfortunately if you live in richmond, you should be very worried. If you were to look at the flood zone maps, the entire city no longer exists in the event of a flood. there is no wall that men can make in a day that will stop the fraser river. the forces of nature cannot be stopped nor should it be taken lightly; your level of preparedness is your only protection to minimize the impact on you and your family.... and your reef tank.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Lee View Post
I think thats one aspect of the potential flooding that most people are not aware of - although you may not live in a flood zone, the flooding may wipe out electrical grids in which it cannot be restored until the water subsides.

For our tanks' insurance, I would strongly suggest to anybody who has a Costco membership to go buy their $400 2800W continuous power Champion generator and keep it in the box. Get a jerry can with gas too. If you need it, take it out of the box and fire it up. If you don't, take advantage of their return policy and bring it back. Its a good thing to have regardless of the flood or not.
Costco has a $60 off coupon in the lastest Costco Magazine that came out last week.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]
Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 AM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road
Default river levels

Here's a link to Environment Canada's River Levels site. Just incase anyones curious about what's going on with the spring freshet in their area. You won't find every river, but you can get an idea by looking at other rivers near by. It mainly has rivers with hydro electric and drinking water use ect...
Shaun.
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/formnav.asp?lang=0
Old 05-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veng68 View Post
Costco has a $60 off coupon in the lastest Costco Magazine that came out last week.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]
I just bought the 2800W continuous /4000W peak generator from Costco and they said to bring the receipt in next month and they will refund the amount. $340 for a good size generator's not too shabby.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:04 AM

CLINT is on a distinguished road
Default river climbing

Well the river is at 13.4ft up 1ft from early yesterday.not that thats huge but it is still rising.Anyone upcountry got any updates on the river???Clint
Old 05-19-2007, 03:26 AM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLINT View Post
Well the river is at 13.4ft up 1ft from early yesterday.not that thats huge but it is still rising.Anyone upcountry got any updates on the river???Clint
If you check on that river levels site, there are stations all the way up the Fraser and some major tributarys-Thompson, Nechako, Quensnell ect... It will give you a good idea of what's on the way.
Shaun.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:48 AM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

IIRC when I used to work for the Ministry of Environment the key stations to watch for flooding on the Fraser are:
The Fraser at McGregor
The Fraser at Prince George
The Fraser at Quesnel
The Fraser at Hope

Once the McGregor and Nechako empty into the Fraser most of the other downstream tributaries are a lot smaller and do not cause as much concern.