Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

iPhone here, very happy with it. I can honestly say that i went the first 2 months with it without ever having to power it down and reboot it. Try THAT with a windows based BB.
My daughter just got a new BB and had had 3 replacements in the first month.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:35 AM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

I have an iPhone and love it. You can even read these forums using an app called TapTalk!

I've used Blackberries before and I've found that the menu system is not very intuitive.

Let's say you want to change the ringer. Most people would look for something called SETTINGS or PREFERENCES. But they put it under PROFILES. It took my mom 3 days to figure that out.

The one thing that the BB has going for it is that they are dirt cheap (compared to the iPhone) and there are so many different kinds of BBs compared to the iPhone (basically one with different capacities).

The iPhone is the best internet capable phone on the market hands down. We'll see what the Nexus and google will have to show but you can't beat Apple's intuitive software.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:08 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

got a BB Storm2 from work and does exactly what it's designed for, makes me a slave to work even on my off hours.

Apps been using mostly is Blackstar (to get lat/long fr the GPS) and the camera though looking like be able just to use geo-tagging. Drove around with Trapster when I first got it for red light/photo radar sites but the novelty has worn off.

What I would like is to be able to use telnet, sure there's an app just that access would be blocked.

Last edited by mark; 06-29-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: appears my spell checker wasn't working
Old 06-29-2010, 03:24 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Im using a BB Storm. I actually love the phone but the pretty much main (and only) problem with storms is that they are slow/laggy. BUT... the new software updates for them (or that they come with) are much better and they are pretty quick and dont freeze as much.

Also, I tend to drop my phone all the time (like, minimum 1'ce a day) and the BB still does alright with that (NOTHING compares to motorola phones though). I like having my big screen and a good camera on the phone, and it still works with falling so much. If I had an Iphone (which would be cool)... i think it would break cause I drop it so much (And I hate phone cases... none of those for me).

Cheers,

Chris
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

regretfully i have neither and sask tell doesnt get any good phones in that i can abuse... im really hard on phones but thus far motorolar razor has done me well ran over the first edition with my truck and it still worked just cracked the front glass for camera. then it was left on a trailer and run over by 20 or more cars screen was messed up but stil could dial and recieve calls.

i got the razor 2 and its all cracked up but works great im actually going to miss it when i am forced to upgrade. and most likely will have to be a blackberry. thats all sasktel offers so any suggestions for a flip style blackberry would be apreciative that can handle abouse. i cant have open face phones due to butt dialing.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

yup MTS and Roger's are combining together and once my contract is up im getting a IPHONE.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 AM

Duffer2 is on a distinguished road

BB 8830 world edition. Works well overseas on multiple network types. Phone itself is good, although the voice dialing is crap. Fairly durable with the exception of the track ball, although those are very cheap and easy to replace.

I do like the key board as typing emails is still much faster on a key board style phone then on a touch phone. Saying that, typing work emails when I'm supposed to be sleeping maybe isn't a good thing.

I will confess that when the iPhone 4 comes to Canada I will likely upgrade. There is no limit to the value of the cool factor of the iPhones and all the apps.

"BB are good for wasting time working"
"iPhones are good for wasting time playing"

Do survey next time your in an elevator downtown and everyone pulls out the phone. Those with iPhones are doing something cool and fun, those with BB are reading emails and spreadsheets.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Where did you find this info I would like to check it out? On the Apple website?
Here you go:

http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODA2OQ
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Iphone 3gs here. Overall I am quite happy, for some reason up until the latest OS for it came out (iOS4) I found it to be quite laggy picking up calls for some reason and I would quite often miss the call while trying to answer it. Since the new OS came out it has been quite a bit better so overall I am now really happy.

I dislike the short battery life and the fact that I can't upgrade the memory with a microSD card or something like that. Otherwise very happy.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:36 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

should inquire what everyones favorite app is so far? there's a million to choose from.lol