Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-24-2010, 02:45 PM

marvinsae is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply guys... but yes we do shop in the same stores, and live in the same neighbourhood..he doesnt have a water softener in his house either... as for the tang being stressed and effecting other livestock, i had my first starfish die before the tang was in there. i dont believe the tang is stressed though, he is swimmin actively and eating a lot off the LR and from what i feed it. he actually had ich the second day in the tank but it went away the next day. but anyways, i haven't had any fish die on me yet, but just this morning i noticed one of my snails hasnt moved in a day. its dead now... as for my parameters... 420 calc, 0 ammonia 0 nitrite about 5 nitrate ph is around 8. i dunno the exact reading on my alk but on the bottle it's compared as "ideal" as apposed to "not desired". the issue MIGHT be over feeding but i dont feel like i feed them too much. I'll feed them some flakes and they eat them all up, i put about a pinch. i'll throw in a 1"x2" size of seaweed for the tang...that might be a bit too much. and i'll feed them about half a block of that frozen fish food. and this is throughout one day. so am i over feeding?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

That is over feeding a bit by doing it every day. Try every two days and cut back a little.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM

marvinsae is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info guys. but if im over feeding wouldn't i notice this in my ammonia/nitrates?