Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Respect........
Without meaning to offend the previous posters and out of respect for the family ,who are now the true victims of this outrage ,I believe this thread should end and be removed by the moderators. At best it is speculation about the unknowable with no perceived benefit.
.................Dave
I was a little hesitant to post this thread.This thread was not started with any disrespect to the family of the young man. This was started as a discussion about human reaction. This type of act can happen anywhere and anytime, that is the world we live in. Many people dont want to face this fact sometimes and take a "bury their head in the sand" route. As for the family of the young man, my deepest condolences go out to them. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. I repeat, this thread was started not to point any blame at anyone. It was started to ask people to think about a reaction they might or might not take in any situation that puts them or someone else in harms way. If starting this thread offends you in any way, I apologize to you, but I personally believe that any discussion so long as it doesnt get offensive is a good discussion.
Darryl
Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Everything you think you know or think you would do flies out the window the instant a crazed psychopath starts stabbing away in the dark. I can't imagine beginning to criticize people for running *away*. I know they tried to re-enter the bus to help, but were unable.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 08-03-2008, 04:25 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Without meaning to offend the previous posters and out of respect for the family ,who are now the true victims of this outrage
One more thing; the family are the immediate victims, but everybody involved in that situation is a victim as well. From the passengers to the police officers who responded. As the son of a police officer I know how much certain things could affect him from his work.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
Everything you think you know or think you would do flies out the window the instant a crazed psychopath starts stabbing away in the dark. I can't imagine beginning to criticize people for running *away*. I know they tried to re-enter the bus to help, but were unable.

I totally agree. I don't think anyone can predict how they will react to a situation like that.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Brighteyes_13 is on a distinguished road

i think self preservation is a very strong force, as it is, it would have been chaos getting off the bus. i hold nothing against those poor people on the bus.
its a tragic situation, and a shame that anyone would want to point fingers in blame for not helping. they did the best thing, they prevented the guy from getting away with his actions. i feel they helped the victims family by giving them the ability to see the guy go to jail. to have someone think the victim could have lived if someone had interviened is not fair, how badly was the victim injured before they knew what was happening? would help have arrived in time to save him and/or the person who disarmed the attacker? or would you have had 2 victims on that bus instead of 1....
impossible questions with no answers... dont punish people for making the hard decisions.

Starting new setup as of Oct/16