![]() |
|
||||||||
| Portal | PhotoPost Gallery | Register | Blogs | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
I'd probably consider the T5 setup for that...
__________________
Brad |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Any reason why the t5's?
|
|
#3
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Ya, I think you'll get better color out of the corals, and with a single pendant LED, I think you'll get rippling on the plating pieces. Stop by next time you're around and look at my purple cap under the LED.
And with that range of color, I think the white/blue won't extract all the tones you'll have, whereas the T5 can be tuned better for colors. It's probable that you can get around that with a DIY unit if you consider those things in your build.
__________________
Brad |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Good point, i do find that my montiporas don't look as good under the LED's as they did under the t5's. Hmm well I like the price of the t5 fixture as well!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
why not try diy leds with tight optics, and mount them really high so you can stick your head right overtop of the tank without worry. plus if you go diy you could add any colour you want.
__________________
28NC, BKm180 , MP10, sump, diy leds(modular led) caulerpa/apitasia jungle. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
You will need to play with your over the tank return idea. The top of the water surface needs to be as still as possible in a look down tank. Thats why the one I'm putting together has the waterfall and return holes near the bottom of the tank. it wouldn't be hard to make a taller overflow box and use it as a return.
You need to come and look at this one for ideas. S
__________________
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men." |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Okay so there has been some progress on the tank!
I wasn't expecting to have a tank until august at the earliest, but it looks like I have one now! I came across a shallow 40 gallon tank that was the exact same width as my current sump. My sump is a shallow seastar tank (26" by 19" by 12" high). It is only a year old and is pretty much the dimensions that I was looking for! SO I popped the baffles out and put them into my new sump. Old Sump New sump I siliconed the baffles in with aquarium sealant and am currently waiting for it to dry. I plan on leaving it until Wednesday and then using it. I figure that will be enough time for it to cure, since it says only 24 hours. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|