Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 05-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I just can't get over the contract. I don't want a 3 year contract where after I sign up my customer service dissappears. I want a month to month contract where they know, if they screw up, I might leave.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
I just can't get over the contract. I don't want a 3 year contract where after I sign up my customer service dissappears. I want a month to month contract where they know, if they screw up, I might leave.
Contracts are 2 way. If they screw up its a breach of contract and you can get out of it.

Plus you can go month to month, you just won't get the bonus stuff like a free laptop
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Telus doesnt by any chance have a plan that I could bundle both my cell phones, internet and then add cable on top of it do they? gotta get my "Swamp people" fix lol
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Agreed but I,m easily bribed.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 PM

Gizmoh is on a distinguished road

Move to Ontario and call me for Rogers . Lol, or just switch every 2 years for the best prices/free stuff. But I never said that.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
With Shaw's "no contract" plan, I had to carefully check my bill every month because they kept making a mistake by adding another $5 or $10 charge for no reason and over less than a year, they somehow justified increasing my bill for basic cable (no HD), basic house phone and regular High speed to over $130 a month.

Since signing my Telus contract, my bill has never gone over a hundred and even with all my signup bonuses done after 2+ years on this contract, my bill last month was $78 and that's with far more services (ie. HD channels, faster High Speed internet) than with Shaw.

As I posted earlier, my final savings over the 3 years contract period will amount to over $2100 minimum. Enough to buy a new 60" HD LED Sharp Aquos including tax with my savings.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...d6da5798dben02

Since I'm very happy with my 46" Sony LCD, I used my savings to pay down my mortgage instead.

Anthony
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoh View Post
Move to Ontario and call me for Rogers . Lol, or just switch every 2 years for the best prices/free stuff. But I never said that.
I do have my iPhone on a Rodgers plan. Over a year in now and could not be happier. Excellent customer service, so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
With Shaw's "no contract" plan, I had to carefully check my bill every month because they kept making a mistake by adding another $5 or $10 charge for no reason and over less than a year, they somehow justified increasing my bill for basic cable (no HD), basic house phone and regular High speed to over $130 a month.

Since signing my Telus contract, my bill has never gone over a hundred and even with all my signup bonuses done after 2+ years on this contract, my bill last month was $78 and that's with far more services (ie. HD channels, faster High Speed internet) than with Shaw.

As I posted earlier, my final savings over the 3 years contract period will amount to over $2100 minimum. Enough to buy a new 60" HD LED Sharp Aquos including tax with my savings.
Thanks Anthony.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 AM

2pts is on a distinguished road

I switched to Telus 15 months ago. Telus was cheaper, though I got what I paid for.

Telus I liked that the one PVR worked in both the bedroom (via a cable box) and in the room the PVR was in. Shaw they were 2 seperate PVR's. Shaw's menu system was way better, clearer and easier to use. The PVR's with Shaw were nearly flawless, but nothing but troubles with the Telus cable box communicating with the Telus PVR, it loses connection all the time. Reepair guys have come and gone twice, although nice, same **** still happens, when I call they say "it is a known issue with the equiptment". I tried to get out of my contract because in my opinion they were breaking their end of the agreement, to no avail but perhaps I should have went higher up.

My Telus internet is superior to my Shaw, I had both for a week and did speed tests alot during that week, Telus was consistently twice as fast at download speed, I didnt care about upload speed so I cant remember.

I never had Shaw phone so I wont comment on it.