Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Reefpins10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by born View Post
I just had an ich breakout about 3-4 days ago. I kinda saw it on one fish but thought it wasnt anything(foolish mistake) then all a couple days later I looked at my powder brown tang, and on his fins, there it was, ich. I added a cleaner wrasse about 2-3 days ago. I usually only see him picking at my unicorn tang, and sometimes he'll go up to the powder brown but I dont really see him picking anything off. My cleaner shrimp doesnt seem to pick anything off the fish.
Today I'm soaking every piece of food(Nori/pellets/brine/mysis) in SeaChem's Garlic Guard. We'll see how this goes. *fingers crossed*

If you can do something PLEASE don't wait till the end like me. I was crossing my fingers untill I saw the last 4 fish struggling with their life in the last few days. I knew that was it. I hope you are not attached to your fish too much. Some of the Canreefers had met me, I can fool people with my strong outside look, but they don't know inside I am the most weakest one. I know I am going to become mentally crazy waiting for 10 weeks to put the new fish in. I can't stand looking at my empty tank right now. If not because of this tank related to someone and something which is sentimental for me, I would probably just shut it down for good.
The last time I bought a new fish that was when the first 2 fish had died for no reason. My Nemo died, I decided to replace him because my other female clown stopped eating. I thought she was grieving, I went to J&L got another clown but I had to return the next day because the female didn't accept it. I don't think that new Nemo I bought brought the ich into the tank.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

Nothing against the store I love the place great service products and choices, but iv never had a fish survive from jnl. all my inverts did fine equipment is great but 2 died of ich a flasher wrasse and an indigo dottyback and another vanished after 2 days a randalls goby. the 2 died of ich didn't last more then 4 days I even tried the seachem paraguard dip with the dottyback guess my point is it's very likely that clown brought in the ich
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 PM

Reefpins10 is on a distinguished road

For me, I was never successful with Island Pet even just 10 blocks away from my appartment. Fish died in a couple day, no matter how heathy they were in the store. I have to drive all the way to J&L in the last 10 years since they have opened the store there. Most of my fish were from them, same with all my equipment. A loyal customer but never get any special discounts from them