Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

AaronG is on a distinguished road

mines the same way, even 3ft away from his "house" he will bite hard(plastic tongs go ting). So in goes the net and then i can do some work. Its more scary than my lion fish.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

I had a cute little tomato clown and that thing attacked everything I put into the tank including a prized brown tang. It chewed it to threads. I have run into it in town here it is in this tank and I do laugh when I see it. I sure wasn't laughing when it turned into a tiny jaws.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

am i the only one without a vicious clown. ive had a few nips that didnt hurt but only because they were hungry and thought my finger might be food, other than that, they never attack me or anything. i did love the picture at the begginging though, its like "jaws 5 attack of the nemo."
Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

My female maroon could be considered more tolerant than the average maroon I suppose. It varies though, some days she's more aggressive than others. She's bit my hand only a few times and not enough to draw blood, but she's getting pretty big, so it may only be a matter of time. I have to be getting pretty close to her GBTA before she gets overly nasty. My blue devil damselfish gives me more grief with attacks than the female maroon. He thinks he owns the whole tank and will go after my hand almost anywhere. Lately I've been setting a set of tongs in the tank too when I'm working in there, it seems to make the fish back off and allows me to work more or less in peace.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

I think they need to lay a set of eggs first.
I have three pair and only the ones that have laid eggs are bitting me.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM

fdiddy is on a distinguished road

lol lucky its only your percs. my maroon is a bugger! and she's big... lol i use the net trick too :P
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

I've been lucky, my true perc (over 2 inches) has always been relaxed when I put my hand in the tank. Now my buddy on the other hand has the issue of his farmed clowns (just little 1 inch guys) attacking both his hand and the net when he puts either one in the water