Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2007, 02:46 AM
KrazyKuch's Avatar
KrazyKuch KrazyKuch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary S.W
Posts: 656
KrazyKuch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KrazyKuch
Default

Apparently some salts contain a little Nitrates in them or even if you are just using tap water...

but if your using RO I Don't think anything will happen to it....I leave my made up water for a week or so before I add it to the tank and I have never seen any effects from it sitting their!!
__________________
500G Mixed Reef



__________________________________
Electrician, Electronics Technician, I can help with any electrical questions you might have!!
__________________________________

Kevin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Chad's Avatar
Chad Chad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,031
Chad is on a distinguished road
Default

I've gone through this before on this forum I have no idea "where" the nitrates are coming from, they just seem to pop up. Its fresh RO/DI.. I've not tested the new salt I am using to see if it happens there, but it was a given when I used Kent, that after a few days, nitrates would be up to 5.. and before the end of the week I could count on them being around 20.

As for "chemically Hot" ... never had a problem with immediately mixed water.. so, I'm not about to change.. but to each their own Most people say to let it sit 24 hours so it can mix well, but I use a drill driven paint mixer that takes a 45 gallon bucket and turns it into a whirlpool in no time.. so, mixing is not an issue
__________________
Chad

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.