Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-26-2017, 06:25 PM

Plainswalker is on a distinguished road

Had a bad response from Ecotech a year ago when my new MP40QD had a wrecked dryside and kept giving me a red/green error, within the warranty period. They essentially told me to contact my local LFS but did not agree to warranty it (which meant I was going to be out ~$300 for a new dryside).

Forget that. I shelved my QD and replaced it with a Maxspect Gyre XF230. Ecotech has been touted as having great customer support but they were not helpful for me. I was a big believer in the vortechs but that experience left a bitter taste.

I will no longer be purchasing any more Ecotech products.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM

kyl is on a distinguished road

Probably great support in the US, but for Canada it seems a lot of the vendor warranties are less than stellar. I had an issue with my gyre and Coralvue sent me in circles before finally telling me they don't support Canadian warranty claims and tossed me to Maxspect.ca (warranty card in the package said warranty only through Coralvue). That apparently then got sent to the Canadian vendor I bought it from, worked with them and in the end Coralvue were the ones contacting me to send a replacement motor housing.

I've heard the same with Kessil, that they run us around in circles for warranty.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:42 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Naturally I am not going to comment on the clients case, however if anyone needs warranty or service in Canada for Ecotech products please contact Aqua Digital Inc. We have most cases resolved in 24 hours, if its to be longer you will get daily updates and reasons why, but typically its a next day resolution (ex shipping times)

email us at sales@aqua-digital.com if you EVER need service.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 09-26-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

I have not dealt with ecotech although I will be buying their new pump S1. Hopefully the service improves.

I had my Maxspect gyre controller conk out on me after a year. J&L replaced it without questioning it. I had my Maxspect original LED fixture over 4 years old start to go funny on me. Had purchased it direct from Maxspect Canada. Even thought the warrantee had run out several years earlier they gave me a hefty credit towards a new Razor unit purchased from local fish store.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:54 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
I have not dealt with ecotech although I will be buying their new pump S1. Hopefully the service improves..
100%! J&L purchase Ecotech from us, you are in incredibly safe hands.

I can assure everyone Aqua Digital and myself personally takes a lot of pride in looking after all Ecotech clients. Just reach out to us.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:19 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
I can assure everyone Aqua Digital and myself personally takes a lot of pride in looking after all Ecotech clients. Just reach out to us.
This guy ^^^ (Michael), super awesome to deal with.

SPS fanatic.