Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM

Richer is on a distinguished road

I agree with muck and Beth. I like how we have things now. Even though things do get a bit chaotic every now and then, and its difficult to arrange our occasional meets. We do have a forum which most of us frequent every day... multiple times a day. We don't need regular meetings, as we basically have meetings everyday on this board. If we're going to chip money in for anything, it should be going to the board owner (Titus?) for hosting this board... not to a predominately FW club to host meetings that most of us will probably not go to regularly.
Besides, formalizing the club will mean electing people to head our section of the club, and a whole bunch of other formal procedures that I know I could do without

I think the way we do things is fine. Our group orders almost always go through, and I think we're usually quite happy with the results (the last J&L order for example, or the salt order before that, etc.). If we really want club discounts, maybe we could talk to Rob over at AI, or someone else over at Big Al's. It'd be a simple matter of getting our canreef nickname, our real name and perhaps our phone number to confirm who we are.

If we do formalize this club now, I will most likely not pay the 25 bucks. Like I said before, I'd rather see that money go elsewhere.

-Richer