Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2016, 05:32 PM

Reeferluke is on a distinguished road
Default lf advice

So long story short I had a complete crash of all my sps. My lps is holding on and my zoas are doing fine.What I did is all of these terrible choices one after another. First I changed my lighting to a canopy and lowering my lights by about 3 inches. Then I added 3 new fish wich caused a nitrate spIke. I then had a alk spike up to 11. I didn't know about the alk spike and thaught it was just the lights and nitrates. So then i started vodka dosing with the unknown high alk and managed to kill all my sps off in about 2 weeks. Now my levels are fairly good alk 8.5 cal 410 mag 1320 nitrate is about 2. So my question is how should I restart my tank. Or should i just start all new. I will have to get new rock because I tossed a lot of it from the dead sps. On the restart tank i was going to get into biopellets with a vertex reactor. Any ideas? Is zeo worth it or prpbidio or just a biopellets be enough I'm thinking I will remove 2 problem fish do a big water change then let it do its thing for a month or so and wait and watch. Any ideas or advice from experienced sps keepers would be great. Cheers