Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2004, 03:56 AM

yakiwb2 is on a distinguished road
Default Good Riddance 2004!!!

Definetly the worst year of my aquarist life. Beginning of the year..feb 04 or so,Started out with aiptasia...which lasted several months. Tried to use that Aptasia stop and that just created a massive algae bloom. Which lasted months. Finally got a hold of some peppermint shrimp which did the couple of hundred aiptasia jerks in, in about a month. Then my ballast broke. Lost my job. And was left in the dark which seemed liked forever. Got a job, and just moved, upgraded my Bak-pak to a Remora Pro and the Mag pump fell off and unloaded 12 gallons of water on my new floor!!! Good Riddance 2004.

I'll have some updated pics of my tank next week. As I am actually somewhat proud of what it looks like now.

Also, had a question. My brother and I attached my remora with a proper fastener this time which was suppose to be stainless steel. Well the wire is but not the screw...it has started to rust in about 24 hours after installation. Any ideas how bad a little rusty screw could be for a 58 gallon tank! As I don't think I'll be able to replace it with anything until next weekend and I want to keep my skimmer running.

Let this year End!!!!!!!!