Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2015, 02:13 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Beautiful tank to say the least, love the 8ft peninsula style

I have to add that with Zeovit its not recomended to use live sand and also my understanding is that UV will counter and kill the Zeovit bacteria...

I need to get myself a QT tank, I'm thinking to put it at the office, however I'm there only a few times a week so it makes it difficult to monitor...
Thanks, ya looking back i overlooked the sand and zeovit... acutally the sand all together has been a pain. As far as i know, and from seeing some others tanks all running zeo and uv, you can run uv and zeo as long as they are placed stratigically. The free floating bacteria from zeo when pumped/agitated (the mulm produced on the zeolites in reactor) is the food for the corals and also what UV will kill. I figure As long as the output from Zeo is after UV in sump, the tank will still receive the nutrients/bacteria. Now this is my opinon and what im trying based on what others are doing and seeing their tanks.

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah74/rosko21/DSC_0059_zpsic93askf.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah the QT needs much more attention than a large DT for sure..

Ive got about a tenth of the sand out and everything seems to be happier..in the process of rescaping everything, i didnt plan out enough of each height.