Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2015, 11:01 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road
Default SUMP PICS

So I had a skimmer that I borrowed from my friend T.diddy Chris which was an Alpha cone 170, I figured it would be plenty enough to accommodate my tank.

After running the Alpha for a few weeks, I found that it would just overflow for no reason and bubble level controls are over-sensitive. I really didn't like it. So I decided to shoehorn the bbk 250 in there.

At first I was worried about the skimmer might be too big for the system and could possibly have an inconsistent output, but soon after all my concerns were alleviated. The skimmer is running like a champ and I couldn't be happier.

Sump area isn't nearly as clean as Wardog but I did gave a honest effort.

Hooked up both brs dosers.

After trying out the bulk chemical from JL I must say I am not too happy with the mix...I am all for buying local and support local but when it comes to the quality of product I am putting into my tank, I want the best, period!

This is mixed from my calcium batch, as you can see the brown stuff is all the residue settling on the bottom of the bottle. I have mixed up BRS stuff and its crystal clear. I am not chemist so I don't know if the byproduct on the bottom matters but either way I don;t feel comfortable putting it into my tank. I will reflect my findings to Jeff and pretty sure he will step up and source out better stuff.

Installed a new toy to try-out. Thanks Peter. Vertex skimmer neck cleaner. Yes, I am like to automate as much as I can.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013