Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2014, 03:38 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post

The Citizen solar powered watches are interesting, but after reading a bit I did read some posts echoing a knee-jerk concern I would have and that is the constant charge-discharge cycling of the rechargeable battery. I know from electronics that rechargeable batteries have a life expectancy. I don't know how often or easy it is to replace the batteries in those suckers.
I have two, one similar to the one I posted and the other a digital version (had to have one that displayed 24 hour time format when I worked for the railroad) the basic one I have had for 9 or 10 years now, still works perfect. you figure it will go 6 months in total darkness, so it doesn't get discharged really. the digital one I have had 5 years now and it still keep perfect time.

I still use my digital one for work, so I use that one 4 days in a row then my other one for my 4 days off. I do also have a 1940something Bulova that was my greatgrampa's that works great also, but only pull that one out once and a while.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.