Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2004, 03:08 AM

Beverly is on a distinguished road
Default I am Totally Amazed .....

We got two new fish the other day. One is in our 67g and the other is in our 120g. I have been watching the new fish become integrated into the fish societies that have been established in both tanks. At first, the new fish were hard to find as they hid in the rockwork in each tank. As time passed, both fish became bolder and are now both swimming freely in each tank with the fish that were there initially. I am pleased that all the fish are accepting of each other

Anyway, while watching the integration of the new fish, I have spent periods of time observing their behaviour. The best time to watch them is at feeding times when they are most active. And the funniest thing I've noticed, which so amazes me, is that fish have these great, expressive lips. Yes, lips that look like they are going to kiss someone (or something) that they use to slurp up their food.

I'd never really taken the time to observe fish lips before, but they are soooooooooo coooooooool with their lips If you have never watched your fishes' lips, please take a few moments to do so...... Okay. It's a little like navel gazing, but WOW, man, it's a way cool way to spend part of the day

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel