Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default DIE AIPTASA DIEEEE. YEEE :twised:

Had 1 aiptasa and was lazy and just left it there then it started to multiply so after following some ppls tip I bought a peppermint shrimp. It was useless. All it did was hide mainly because I think it was so tiny. Anyways it didn't eat any aiptasa so I check other forums n ppl suggested injecting it with lime juice. I don't want to use any chemicals in my tank so I tried it. It did absolutely nothing but seem to **** it off and multiply again. So I was like. Fuk it like prob too weak. I took some reg vinegar about o.1ml into a syringe and injected it. Instantly it shribbled. Waited few days and yup it's deff dead. Maybe it was luck? Nope. Tried it again on another guy and he died too. Make sure to only use about 0.1ml per aiptasa because u might get trigger happy n squirt too much into ur tank. Might change ur ph so use tiny bit. Also u have to inject very fast cuz as soon as u touch the aiptasa it wil shribbled and hide in the holes of ur live rock. When they shribble the concentration of the vinegar will be much higher in them then BAM TKO. Hope this helps all u ppl with aiptasa problems and don't want to use harmful chemicals and peppermint shrimp not doing its job =)