Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 AM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road
Default Looking to give away a pair of banded pipefish....... To good home only.

So I am about to dismantle and re assemble my 180 gallon mixed reef tank and while doing so I am going to eliminate a beautiful pair of banded pipefish but only if the right owner comes along.
Bit of a back story, the two pipes have been together for approx. 2 years now. They started in a 35 gallons tv conversion tank I built as a conversation piece, but that tank had to be taken apart due to the old wood of the tv not holding up to the moisture levels. I had been told that due to the high flow levels in my main reef tank the pipes could not survive. This only turned out to be half true. They are surviving well by staying in a cave during the day and coming out to hunt pods at night when the flow is reduced. I feel that this is a bad life for them to continue living hich is why I am now looking to give them to a good home.
I would prefer someone with a seahorse tank or something similarly low flow. Must be well established as the main food source for these guys is currently pods. They do OCCASIONALY eat dead food but not enough to keep them alive.
Anywho. After all that if you feel you can offer these guys a good home please contact me.