Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Reflection of the past yr

It's been 11 months since I got into the SW hobby(job) and its been a roller coaster yr it's had it's ups and big downs and constant check on my bank account

Even though I started with the basics a tank and stand, heater and a net I still ended up sinking just over $1400 into my 33 gallon associated toys that go along with SW buckets, salt, RO filter and other goodies.

I have had a total of 22 coral In my tank I now have 14 lost some due to bad acclimation, not enough light, tank crash, unknown causes and death by cat.

I have 7 fish in my tank had 4 green chromis and one suicided by cat, one dove into my running power head, one died from unknown causes. I have restocked with three more chromis and one has since again suicided by cat and the other 3 are happy fish. My lawnmower Blennie is ruler of the tank, neon goby is the class clown and yellowtail damsel is the loner.

My CuC of snails, crab, shrimp and hitch hiking star fish have been highly entertaining I have had 1 crab take a wild ride on one of my cat's ear, another one get eaten by another cat and a couple die off. The snails are sex addicts every few weeks see a new batch of snails I am thinking of signing them up for a Dr. Ruth consultation and my peppermints and star fish are invisible stalkers of the night.

I have had a partial tank collapse, low and high salinity, dirty water, 2 cats fall in, equipment malfunctions and headaches galore.

Now with all that being said I am upgrading to a 95 gallon within the next couple of weeks and my only question is WTF am I upgrading to even more headaches and never ending work. Must be titched in the head or I must enjoy empty wallet syndrome or both.