Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default Saved my Zoas from death?

I bought a dragons eye zoas a few weeks back and they seem to turned brown so I thought they died so I just left them there. Then few days ago I saw a tiny tiny bit of green in the center of the zoas that was complete covered in a fuzzy light brown film of Algee or such on them so I decided to take the rock the zoas were attached to n used a tweezer to see if I can get the Algee off. It seem to come off as one piece on each head n the zoa looks perfectly alive but closed underneath them. What is this film of Algee? They seem to be covering most of my rocks and hindering my coral growth if it covers any.

It's looks like the part of the rock that's right below my turkey baser. Light brown n fuzzy. Anyone knows how I can rid my tank of this?

Another unrelated question.

Is the 2 things at the end of the what swirl a little bit above the middle of the picture aiptasia? I just recently notice a flower like thing come out of the white swirl that I thought was just a part of the rock. It seems to close up and retreat when a fish swims near it. Should I leave it be or take the rock out and remove it if it is a very bad aiptasia?

Thx in advance guys!

Last edited by jason604; 05-12-2013 at 06:56 AM.