Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

In the very least I think this is worth a letter to Nissan Canada and to the dealership.

Something that nobody else has touched on here is that the salesman was acting on behalf of the dealership, and the Nissan brand. In their capacity as employee they mislead you, intentional or not, and as a result you should have a leg to stand on.

Some big issues I see right off the fly from your post;
1) Lack of disclosure from the dealership
2) Employee/Salesman acting on behalf of the dealership and the Nissan brand and trying to pass the buck. There are laws dealing with this, when a company representative makes statements like the one above (no damage) there may be a leg here to stand on. By stating to you that the vehicle had no prior damage he was speaking on behalf of the dealership with that statement. You might be able to successfully argue the case that the saleman sold you a vehicle he stated was damage/history free, and you did not receive the goods as described. Now please note I'm trying to make the distinction between disclosure and the fact that you were mislead (intentionally or not) by the dealership upon discovery of the issue.

Include your photos in your letter and if you do send it, make sure you send the exact same letter to Nissan Canada, the Dealership and perhaps to the appropriate ombudsman body or BBB type organization. I like to include a little paragraph at the end about who else I've shared the story with as that seems to light some fires under people.

What about lemon laws? Anything under there that covers mis-representation of sold goods?

Last edited by michika; 01-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.