Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default Puffer floating at the top of tank -help

I got a web burrfish puffer and I had him in my 230g FOWLR tank. Unfortunately the fish in there decided to all gang up and him and pick on him causing him to puff and me to freak out. Fortunately he unpuffed and hid in the rocks. However one of the aggressors found him and he started floating around the tank (un-puffed) and started get picked on and got stuck to a power head I managed to scoop him out in a container and put him in my reef tank. I turned off the two large powerheads in the tank and thankfully no one in there is picking on him but he keeps getting stuck to the side of the overflow box. He pulls himself off every now and then but eventually gets suck again. Not sure what to do but I'm worried about him Read something about trying to put the fish under a rock cave but the tank is to deep for me to reach the rocks very well and while I do have reef gloves he is covered in spikes and I'm not sure if handling him would stress him out more? But he's been stuck for awhile now so I think I'll try to move him under rocks if I can.